- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable Energy
- AI and BIM Technology
- Sustainable Building
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
Throughout my professional career in construction, I have had the opportunity to work with inspiring and influential leaders that trusted my potential to contribute as well as lead several large-scale architectural projects. My strong communication skills, proactive attitude and attention to details, helped me lead a team of architects and interior designers by determining clear goals to complete the project design and construction documents on time and within budget. Moreover, working in architecture in itself contributed to both the creative and technical part of my personality, which is vital in any innovative project.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- How AI can be used to improve extracting info from BIM Models.
- How BIM technology can help in developing sustainable buildings.
- Learn new methods for sustainable building.
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
Ideal Company Type
As a professional with more than 10 years' experience in contracting and a current Master's student in International Construction management, I see myself with a mentor in the mentioned field, where I can gain the latest knowledge in sustainable building technologies and the effect of AI & BIM on the construction industry.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Participating in the TechWomen program will be a milestone experience as it will help me grow personally and professionally. As a technical coordinator for several construction projects, I have to be constantly up to date with the new construction methods and materials related to all engineering trades. Accordingly, my participation in the TechWomen mentorship will help me expand my knowledge, by introducing me to the latest technologies and related methods of application, in parallel to connecting me with the professionals, which will lead me to impact and advise about BIM and sustainable building technologies.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Participating in the TechWomen program will help me grow personally and professionally, by exposing me to people from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas and empower each other for a better future for women. Upon my arrival back to Lebanon, I will share my experience by organizing a session for young girl scouts to empower them, in addition to preparing workshops at the university, to share the professional knowledge I grasped in technology and possibly the new people that I will meet through TechWomen, can join me online to support and share their knowledge at one of the workshops in Lebanon.
Years of Full-time Work Experience11
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Design or CAD
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Senior Architect and Technical Coordinator, Venture International
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
- Dates: August 1, 2022 –
Lead a team of architects and interior designers; regular follow ups and advising the site team; preparation of list of deliverables for contract documents, BOQ and drawing packages for pricing; list of shop drawings and materials aligned with the program; responsible for reviewing the design drawings, issuing RFIs and proposing feasible design solutions, in coordination with the Structural & Electro-Mechanical Engineers.
Leadership, planning and communication skills; project planning and quantity take off; AutoCAD & Revit; creative problem solving and coordination skills.
- Institution: Lebanese American University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Construction Management
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
- Completion Date: March 1, 2025
- Institution: Notre Dame University-Louaizé
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Interior Design
- Location: Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon
- Completion Date: June 1, 2011