- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems Management
- Product Management
- Quality Assurance
- Data Analysis
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
My training and experiences have built my ability to contribute massively to my host company in the many ways. One being in effective management. I would be bringing my years of experience in managing people, projects, time, and resources efficiently to achieve the company's goals. I also have experience in innovation because of my insight into product and market analysis, I would help steer innovation toward new frontiers and ways to achieve its goals. Lastly, I can contribute my digital skills to the TechWomen program. I would bring my experience in using key digital skills such as product management, user support and training, Power BI, Jira, slack, and Excel.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Information systems management, product management from idealization to implementation.
- All aspects of quality assurance.
- Skills for STEM-focused training, user support learning and public speaking.
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
- Gets me involved in day-to-day activities of the mentor and partnering company.
Ideal Company Type
For the past 7 years, I have been bridging engineering, technology, and education. With a background in Electrical Engineering and an M.Sc. in applied Physics, specifically electronics and communications, I have worked as a product manager in the digital space, launching Edutech products and serving over 5,000 students across Nigeria. As a STEM coach and lead facilitator for the GIEVA CHOICES program, I empower young learners as well as train young girls in STEM. I am seeking an ideal company that promotes STEM and education technology, supports women and youth and fosters global human capacity development through project-based collaboration and social impact initiatives.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I aspire to lead in technology education, enhancing educational services and empowering young girls in science and technology. Through my work in developing education management software and STEM training, I aim to provide relevant and contextual participatory learning experiences. The TechWomen mentorship will expose me to global best practices, expand my network, offer leadership support and accelerate my product development knowledge, enabling a lasting impact in improving women's participation in technology.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Upon completing the TechWomen fellowship, I will expand my work with GIEVA CHOICES, sensitizing more young women to STEM through monthly school outreach programs, enhance STEM training sessions for teachers in collaboration with tech hubs and the Government and transforming our framework into sustainable tech projects so we can reach more students. I will introduce the CHOICES STEM Academy summer training programs and collaborate with local authorities to raise awareness. I want to collaborate with other participants to strengthen the program in my country and leverage on USA-Nigeria collaborations for support. I will also apply the knowledge to improve Elliezer Tech's structure and productivity.
Years of Full-time Work Experience6
Primary Professional Focus
- Educational technology
- QA and testing
- Technical product manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Technical Training and Learning Services Manager, GIEVA
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Dates: May 1, 2017 –
Product management for educational software, user acceptance testing and quality assurance; designing training modules, curriculum training, keeping projects on track, working with cross functional stakeholders, and navigating ambiguity to deliver results; user support.
Learning management, project management, creative and critical thinking; coaching, tutoring, communication, leadership; utilization of tech collaborative tools; data visualization.
- Institution: Nasarawa State University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Physics
- Minor: Electronics and Communication
- Location: Keffi, Nigeria
- Completion Date: November 28, 2019
- Institution: University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Engineering
- Location: Makurdi, Benue, Nigeria
- Completion Date: April 25, 2013