- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Resource Engineering
- Solar Energy
- Hydropower Plants
- Wind Energy
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
I think providing a voice to traditionally underrepresented groups, and by that, I mean an ethical minority that lives in the Pamir highways of Tajikistan, would be a mutually beneficial activity. In terms of the program itself, and within an American community, I can act as a life artifact to share my experiences, showing very tiny nuances of my society's rich cultural heritage as well as our multi-lingual language capacities that are unknown to people outside Tajikistan. I hope to bring a diverse perspective to the team in which aspire to uplift the marginalized voices and contribute to a more inclusive work environment to demonstrate the benefits of diversity.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Promotion of better decision-making techniques.
- Improvement of public speaking skills.
- Developing confidence as a leader to help influence my team.
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Focus on technical skills building
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Gets me involved in day-to-day activities of the mentor and partnering company.
Ideal Company Type
My current company and our energy resources is a key for survival within our community. We live in a harsh, natural environment where society relies on our energy sources. My goals of participating in the TechWomen program is to increase my competency in the energy sector and come back to my community with better solutions to the challenges we face. Also, I want to observe some of the best practices in the field to better help implements the advancement of tools to mature my current organizational processes.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I currently work at Pamir Energy Company, which is under the AKDN arm, and it is a global network that implements some of the best practices around the world. Participating in the TechWomen program will hopefully allow me to learn more about the most up to date practices in the U.S. and will bring these practices to Pamir Energy Company, thus further contributing to Pamir Energy's international and global recognition.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
After returning back from the program, I would like to participate in community service in my city. I hope to come up with solutions to societal problems and have a lasting impact on the community. I would like to share the newly acquired knowledge from this experience for the betterment of my community. The knowledge I gain from this mentorship would be used to help implement other U.S. embassy projects in Tajikistan. There is a huge community of U.S. alumni to which I would network with. Likewise, there are many USAID projects participating actively in my country and I hope I can be resourceful in many of these projects.
Years of Full-time Work Experience7
Primary Professional Focus
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- IT systems and/or data analysis
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Project Officer, Pamir Energy Company
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Khorog, Tajikistan
- Dates: October 20, 2018 –
Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholder; overseeing projects and helping to mitigate any challenges; reporting on the project's progress, budget and resources.
Strong communication skills; leadership skills; presentations of report in a consistent manner based on the report brief.
- Institution: Khorog State University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Managment and Accounting
- Location: Khorugh, Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Oblast, Tajikistan
- Completion Date: June 1, 2015