Areas of Expertise
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing and Website Design
- Elementary and Mid-level Mathematics
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
I can offer valuable insights into the challenges facing education in the region and creative solutions to overcome them. I can share my expertise in curriculum development, classroom management and innovative teaching strategies that have been successful in preparing students for the future. Additionally, I can offer unique perspectives on how technology can be integrated into the classroom to enhance student learning and promote positive social impact. Through this mentorship, I hope to inspire and empower my students to pursue careers in technology and contribute to the development of their communities.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Gain new insights and perspectives of new AI tools.
- Expand professional network.
- Develop public speaking and team leadership skills.
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
Ideal Company Type
As a teacher who wants to impact my community in Niger Delta, I'm passionate about creating access to quality education for every child. I strongly believe that education is the key to unlocking people's potentials and building prosperous communities. I'm determined to inspire, motivate and mentor young adults to become agents of change in their communities. With a background in education, I'm committed to addressing the challenges faced by my students, including inadequate infrastructure, limited resources and a lack of access to technology. I'm eager to work with a mentor who shares my enthusiasm for education and community development.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
A mentor with experience in the U.S. educational system can provide valuable insights into best practices, teaching methodologies and the latest trends in the field of education. This can help improve my teaching skills and effectiveness in the classroom. Additionally, a mentor will help develop my networks and connections in the field, discover new teaching opportunities and provide guidance on possible career progression paths. With such support and guidance, I can become a more effective teacher and advance my professional development and career in meaningful ways.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Participating in the TechWomen mentorship program will transform my life by boosting my confidence and drive to develop STEM educational institutions in my community. Connecting with global participants will help expand my network and keep me updated on STEM education innovations. I'll look to organize continuous workshops, form a team and adapt my development strategy based on the latest trends. I also hope to establish a local mini-Tech Girls' mentorship and seek funding to improve my school's outdated infrastructure. The program would have immense benefits, expanding my network and inspiring me to contribute eagerly to my community.
Years of Full-time Work Experience15
Primary Professional Focus
- Design or CAD
- Educational technology
- Technical product marketing
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Relationship Director of Business Development, Elixir Leasing Company Limited
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Dates: August 8, 2013 –
Manage company operations; customer relationship management; supervision of contracts and external jobs.
Collaboration and encouragement of teamwork; interfacing and networking skills; time management.
- Institution: Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Completion Date: April 1, 2023
- Institution: University of Benin
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Engineering
- Location: Benin, Nigeria
- Completion Date: April 1, 2004