- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Digital Media
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Digital strategy for business transformation
- Digital marketing
- Micro SAAS platforms
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
I will actively engage in the mentorship process, demonstrating genuine eagerness to absorb knowledge, develop new skills, and apply them in practical situations. By being receptive to feedback, open to new perspectives, and willing to put in the effort required, I will maximize the value gained from the mentorship. Effective communication, trust, and mutual respect will be key to establishing a strong and collaborative relationship with my mentor.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Gain technical expertise and knowledge for professional development, especially in digital marketing.
- Improve soft skills for better communication, collaboration, and overall effectiveness personally and professionally.
- Learn more ways in which I can advocate for and support initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion in technology.
- Have exposure to the company culture
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I believe experiential learning brings real transformational change in professional development, and that operating in different cultural contexts within the technology space will greatly develop my professional skills. Through the Information Technology track of this fellowship, I hope to learn about new technologies, improve my communication and leadership skills, expand my professional network, learn directly from industry leaders and to belong to a cohort of professionals to exchange ideas with and learn from. I hope to leverage the TechWomen Community of partner organizations and alumni to learn about new opportunities, gain access to potential mentors and business partners.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I'm an active member of the tech community in Mombasa, regularly participating in conferences and events to share knowledge and connect with other industry professionals. Being part of a like-minded group of professionals with the same passion for social impact, I commit to give back to my community by sharing my gained knowledge and skills through training programs, workshops, or other educational initiatives, regularly mentoring aspiring entrepreneurs, creating partnerships and advocating for and supporting initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion in technology.
Years of Full-time Work Experience15
Primary Professional Focus
- Search optimization
- Web analyst
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Founder, CEO, Web Solutions Kenya
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Dates: –
Run full service digital marketing firm for thought leaders
Project management: utilize technical expertise, business acumen, and entrepreneurial spirit to support businesses by providing a wide range of services spanning website design and development, online marketing, ecommerce and hosting solutions and more
Tech lead: oversee technical aspects of projects and ensuring successful delivery
Business development: research and analyze market trends, competitor activities, and customer needs to identify potential business opportunities for growth
Strong technical knowledge and expertise in web technologies
Leadership, communication, organization and planning
Strategic thinking, problem solving and negotiation
- Title and Company: Web Developer, East Africa Tea Trade Association
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Dates: June 20, 2009 – August 12, 2009
Designed, developed and launched the association's official website
Developed e-catalog system for broker members
Collaborated with stakeholders: worked closely with EATTA staff and members to transform their ideas into functional systems
Communication and team work
- Institution: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Information Technology
- Minor: Business
- Completion Date: July 1, 2022