TechWomen Professional Mentors
- Inspire emerging women leaders to become change agents in their communities
- Build relationships with professional women across the world
- Gain a cross-cultural perspective on your work
- Join a dynamic, supportive network of more than 800 Bay Area TechWomen mentor alumnae
- Give back and share your experiences with others
What is a Professional Mentor?
A Professional Mentor is a TechWomen volunteer who works closely with an Emerging Leader to help her grow and thrive professionally. Each mentor facilitates experiences that expose the Emerging Leader to an extensive professional network and inspire her with the energetic, innovative and risk-taking culture embodied by Silicon Valley and beyond. A Professional Mentor also supports the Emerging Leader in her professional learning goals and exposes her to the unique network and environment of the mentor’s company.
Emerging Leaders will work with Professional Mentors virtually in March 2021 and will travel to the San Francisco Bay Area in the fall 2021 for a capstone experience.
What will a Professional Mentor do?
A Professional Mentor:
- Enhances the Emerging Leader’s learning by facilitating time and contact with colleagues, subject matter experts and others in the mentor’s company and professional network.
- Spends an average of two hours per week with the Emerging Leader, providing professional guidance and supporting her learning goals. Past Emerging Leaders have noted that having extensive time with their Professional Mentors was critical to a successful mentorship experience. Successful mentors have been approachable, accessible and willing to dedicate time to supporting their Emerging Leader.
Professional Mentors are required to attend virtual trainings in February. Relevant dates are provided to prospective mentors as part of the mentor application.
Become a part of the TechWomen community!
TechWomen mentors describe the mentorship experience as an invaluable opportunity to join a vibrant, supportive and committed global community of women. Mentors share that supporting emerging women leaders in similar fields is a meaningful and mutually beneficial experience; Emerging Leaders bring new and exciting perspectives, inspiring Professional Mentors to grow, lead and learn.
Want to learn more about being a TechWomen mentor? Contact us here.