While women are making strides in traditionally male-dominated industries, they remain significantly outnumbered in STEM fields. The TechWomen program aims to bridge this global gender gap, bringing together a community of women in the San Francisco Bay Area who are ready to create change and give back through mentoring other women.
TechWomen believes in the exponential impact of mentorship; through engaging and supporting emerging women leaders from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East, TechWomen mentors empower the next generation to implement change in their communities and beyond. By connecting women with shared expertise and unique experiences, we create endless possibilities for collaboration, innovation and global impact.
When you mentor with TechWomen you have the opportunity to:
- Impact the life of an emerging woman leader from Africa, Central and South Asia, and/or the Middle East
- Make meaningful, lasting connections with global women leaders
- Network with other like-minded professionals in your field
- Join the growing community of TechWomen worldwide
- Travel to Washington, D.C. to help foster sustainable relationships and meet with officials at the U.S. Department of State
- Participate in delegation trips to Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East to create professional partnerships and mentor girls
TechWomen Mentoring Opportunities
TechWomen harnesses the power of three types of mentors: Professional Mentors, Cultural Mentors and Impact Coaches.
Professional Mentors facilitate experiences that expose the Emerging Leader to an extensive professional network and support her implementation of a mentorship project based on identified learning goals and the unique network and environment of the mentor’s company.
Cultural Mentors support Emerging Leaders in acclimating to life in the San Francisco Bay Area and inspire them to make the most out of their time in the United States. They act as cultural ambassadors, exposing Emerging Leaders to local attractions, cultural events and service opportunities.
Impact Coaches help Emerging Leaders leverage their skills and networks to develop a plan of action to overcome a socioeconomic challenge in their community. They support Emerging Leaders as change agents from the conception of their idea to the pitch of their action plan.
Mentors have the opportunity to attend many of the TechWomen events and are invited to give keynotes, serve on panels and lead discussions. TechWomen and its alumnae also offer ongoing enrichment and networking events in the San Francisco Bay Area throughout the year.