From the moment the Emerging Leaders arrive, they are immersed in the innovative, constantly evolving culture of Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. Emerging Leaders work closely with their Professional Mentors to design meaningful projects while exploring the San Francisco Bay Area with their Cultural Mentor and fellow program participants.
TechWomen Emerging Leaders will:
- Challenge themselves with new questions and concepts
- Collaborate with like-minded women in their fields on an innovative project
- Network with influential industry leaders
- Discover their own innovative leadership style
- Create meaningful friendships with women from all over the world
- Explore the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
- Inspire the next generation of women and girls in their home countries
Each Emerging Leader is paired with a Professional Mentor who works closely with her to carry out a project at the host company. Before the participant arrives in California, she is in close contact with her Professional Mentor. Together, they work to design an exciting project of mutual interest.
The Emerging Leader is hosted at the Mentor’s company four days per week for four weeks. The Professional Mentor offers guidance and support throughout the mentorship. The Emerging Leader also participates in professional enrichment activities that include seminars, workshops, tech talks, and networking events.
- Learn more about professional development during the TechWomen program
- Read about one Emerging Leader’s journey to transform internet shopping in Algeria
- Each Emerging Leader also has the opportunity to explore the Bay Area with Cultural Mentors who facilitate activities to deepen mutual understanding. Cultural Mentors take participants to local attractions, art exhibits, sporting events and local universities, among other local activities. Participants will also have the opportunity to explore San Francisco and tour national landmarks while in Washington, DC.
- Learn more about cultural exchange during the TechWomen program
- Read about an Emerging Leader’s cultural experience in the United States
In 2015, TechWomen introduced a new component to turn into action our participants’ passion to effect change in their home countries and foster continuity in TechWomen’s programming. Integrating knowledge and skills developed in TechWomen’s workshop series and leveraging collective experiences and ingenuity, Emerging Leaders form teams to design action plans to make an impact in their respective communities. Impact Advisors will strategically advise groups for success in terms of content and design, and they will help connect the dots for groups to meet criteria and understand what makes a successful plan for potential seed grant funding.