- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Geomatic or Geospatial Engineering
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Aerospace Technology
- Satellite Development and Earth Observation Application
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
As an engineer with experience in business development at a space company, my most valuable contribution would be a unique blend of technical expertise and an entrepreneurial mindset. I can offer insights into the rapidly evolving space industry, sharing knowledge on the impact of emerging technologies. Additionally, I can provide guidance on market analysis, strategic partnerships and innovative approaches to solving complex challenges. I am eager to mentor and empower others with the skills and knowledge I have gained, while also learning from my mentor and collaborating with colleagues at my host company to foster growth and innovation.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Space business and entrepreneurship, with a blend of technical knowledge of space technologies.
- Finetune and put together a solid proposal and implementation roadmap for my space education project.
- How to pitch and gain funding for professional initiatives.
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Present my current work to professionals in my industry
Ideal Company Type
I would like the chance to work at a space global company, that has different arms that focus on education and community outreach, technical scientific research, space application and policy development. I desire to gain an all-rounded experience, even though it is within a short time. I am in the phase of exposing myself to the different career possibilities in the space sector, even though I have been working at my current company for more than 3 years now. I want to decide if it is a technical or admin role I want to pursue as I already know I am passionate about space in general.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I hope to have a positive and lasting impact on my career and professional path. I expect to learn from my mentor's experience and expertise in the space industry and gain exposure to the U.S. culture and business environment. I also hope to share my own insights and perspectives with my mentor and host company and create mutually beneficial relationships. I believe that this mentorship will help me develop new skills and knowledge, expand my network and opportunities, and inspire me to pursue my goals and aspirations in the space sector.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will apply what I have learned and achieved to my current and future projects and initiatives. I will also share my knowledge and insights with my colleagues, peers, and mentees and encourage them to pursue their interests and careers in the STEM industry. I will also seek to collaborate with other TechWomen alumnae and mentors and explore new ways to use space technology for social good and development. I will also promote the TechWomen program and its values to other women and girls in STEM fields and inspire them to join this amazing community.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3
Primary Professional Focus
- Educational technology
- Search optimization
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Global Partnerships Lead, Space Hero
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Dates: February 1, 2021 –
Manage global partnerships and relationships with space agencies and companies; scouting contacts of potential partners; organize and carryout space outreach activities for children; train team of volunteers to carry out outreach activities.
Professional communication and business development; curriculum development and education; public speaking skills; team building and communication skills.
- Institution: University of Buea
- Degree Awarded:
- Major: Education Management
- Minor: Telecommunications
- Location: Mutengene, Cameroon
- Completion Date: August 1, 2020