- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Designing Distance Learning Lessons
- Computer Networks and Hardware Maintenance
- Teaching Basics of Machine Learning and AI Principles
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
With my 13 years of experience as a technology teacher in Palestine, my most valuable contribution to the TechWomen mentorship will be sharing my expertise and insights with aspiring technologists. I can provide guidance on integrating technology into the classroom, identifying students' needs, designing engaging tech-related projects and fostering critical thinking skills. Additionally, I can offer firsthand knowledge of the challenges and opportunities faced in the Palestinian tech landscape, promoting cultural exchange and understanding.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- How AI tools developed and used.
- Development of public speaking and team leadership skills.
- Team management.
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Focus on technical skills building
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
Ideal Company Type
I am interested in seeking mentorship within an educational institution, specifically a school that specializes in teaching the subject of Technology. My preference is to find a school where the teachers employ effective and diverse teaching techniques that fully leverage the skills required in the 21st century. I am particularly looking for mentors who guide their students to actively engage in national and international AI and programming competitions, with a focus on middle school students. Since graduating, I've been involved in education, connecting academia with practicality through supervising student-led innovative projects and purposeful tech initiatives. However, I still aspire to increase my experience and understanding in the practical aspects of programming and AI in Silicon Valley. Gaining firsthand exposure to its dynamic environment would offer invaluable insights and growth opportunities.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
As a technology teacher in Palestine, I hope to gain valuable insights and strategies from their experiences in the global tech industry. Their guidance will help me further develop my teaching methodologies, integrate emerging technologies into my lessons and enhance my overall professional skills. The TechWomen mentorship will provide opportunities for networking, expanding my knowledge base and fostering connections within the international tech community. Ultimately, this collaboration will empower me to create a greater impact in technology education, both locally and globally.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
After participating in the TechWomen program, I aim to share the knowledge, skills and best practices I acquire with my fellow technology teachers, promoting professional development and collaboration. By integrating the latest technological advancements and innovative teaching methods into our classrooms, we can inspire and empower our students to become future tech leaders. Additionally, I will actively engage with local communities, advocating for increased access to technology education and encouraging young girls to pursue careers in STEM fields. Together, we can shape a thriving tech ecosystem in Palestine.
Years of Full-time Work Experience13
Primary Professional Focus
- Educational technology
- Electronics or telecommunications
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: IT Teacher, Radi Al-Natsheh Public School
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Hebron, Palestinian Territories
- Dates: September 15, 2013 –
Classroom management; mentorship of students while they complete their projects; supporting and guiding teachers in utilizing technology for educational and teaching purposes.
Team management; computer maintenance; problem solving.
- Institution: Palestine Technical College
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Technology Education
- Location: Al-Aroub, Palestinian Territories
- Completion Date: June 1, 2009