Areas of Expertise
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Healthcare; Outbreak Response and Disease Surveillance
- Hypothesis Testing
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
With my clinical experience being a midwife and an Epidemiologist with experience in infectious diseases, epidemics and research, I have a lot of knowledge to offer. I have experience in planning and implementing operational research and writing manuscripts. I also underwent a 1-year training program in data science, analysis and visualization using R, Tableau, and Power BI. As an executive member of the organization Women in Global Health, which aims at promoting gender equity among healthcare workers, I will offer dedication and motivation as I am willing to assist whenever needed.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Obtain coaching in developing my prospective app.
- Develop public speaking and leadership skills.
- Learn how to use AI models.
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Focus on technical skills building
- Present my current work to professionals in my industry
- Expand on a project that I’m working on in my current role at home
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
Ideal Company Type
I would like to be in a setting where I can obtain coaching and support on a blood banking app which I am planning to develop in my country. Also, as an Epidemiologist, I am called to respond to outbreaks and would like to be in a setting where I can learn about AI tools to help in either preventing or responding to outbreaks. For instance, my ideal company would have predictive models or diagnostic tools for contact tracing.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I want to be a leader and policymaker in the field of global health, which falls under the TechWomen mentorship program's science track. I hope to achieve this by acting as a leader, using my knowledge field experience, proposing solutions in order to tackle relevant health problems. This program will help me in network as I seek for future leaders aiming at excelling in their field of expertise. Networking will also permit me to meet people from various backgrounds and specialties, broaden my awareness and gain exposure to the job market through referrals.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
This program's experience will provide me with mentorship skills and allow me to partner with government agencies to arrange orientation sessions for girls in secondary schools, including rural areas, where they can be taught about many opportunities in the field of STEM. I want to include their parents in these meetings so that they begin fostering a plan for these young women's education and career paths. Being an alumna of the TechWomen program will hopefully serve as a source of inspiration for young women, allowing more to become active in the STEM fields and, in turn, influence the development of my country.
Years of Full-time Work Experience4
Primary Professional Focus
- Bio or medical technology
- IT systems and/or data analysis
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Epidemiologist and Research Assistant, Epicentre
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
- Dates: June 6, 2020 – June 6, 2022
Implement field research; technical assistance writing research proposals; disease surveillance and outbreak response.
Data analysis; research manuscript editor; data visualization.
- Institution: Catholic University of Central Africa
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Epidemiology
- Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Completion Date: February 1, 2021
- Institution: University of Buea
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Midwifery
- Location: Buea, Cameroon
- Completion Date: August 1, 2018