Areas of Expertise
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
My most valuable contribution will be to teach simple technologies used in our crop production systems by small holder farmers and the use of the DSSAT crop models to predict crop yield under different management options.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Discover the application of climate models.
- Develop team leadership skills.
- Learn graphic design and digital marketing.
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Focus on technical skills building
- Have exposure to basic industry techniques
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
Ideal Company Type
I am an agronomist and an entrepreneur. I am interested in mentoring young girls in my community to choose a career path in STEM for those in schools and, those out of school, as a result of early pregnancy or poverty, to help them to acquire skills that will generate income and improve their livelihood.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The TechWomen mentorship will help to nurture my professional and personal development in science by building a strong network of individuals who can support my goals. Through this program, I will be able to transform the lives of women and girls in my local community through innovative agriculture and entrepreneurship.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I hope to conduct training to talk about the specific issues women in leadership face and share with them the best practices and tips on how to succeed in male-dominated fields based on my Techwomen experience. I want to also share my knowledge in innovation and entrepreneurship with women and girls and how to make the most out of it. I aim to empower my communities through innovations I have learnt and the establishment of initiatives that will advance the world of STEM, especially in the field of agriculture.
Years of Full-time Work Experience10
Primary Professional Focus
- Scientist and researcher
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Research Officer, Sierra Leone Agricultural Research Institute (SLARI)
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Njala Mokonde, Sierra Leone
- Dates: July 1, 2009 –
Facilitate farmers' adoption of appropriate crop production technologies and practices through field demonstrations; capacity building of stakeholders in the evaluation and use of improved agricultural technologies; planning, organizing, data generation, management, analysis and reporting.
The use of crop simulation models; field data analysis and reporting; research paper publication.
- Institution: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Agronomy
- Location: Kumasi, Ghana
- Completion Date: August 1, 2013
- Institution: Njala University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Agriculture
- Location: Njala, Sierra Leone
- Completion Date: June 1, 2008