- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformation
- Platform management
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
I’m an accomplished program manager who spearheaded numerous customer facing projects and transformational strategic programs within Dell Technologies for over 11 years. I’m also a design thinking coach and a good researcher. My most valuable contribution to my TechWomen mentorship would be to leverage my professional experience combined with my active learning attitude to ensure that the project we’ll be working on will have a lasting impact on the organization that goes beyond the mentorship duration.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Best practices for digital platform operations.
- Business agility transformation and change management in large organizations.
- Launching and running strategic initiatives and programs that transform the organization.
- Focus on technical skills building
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to basic industry techniques
- Exposes me to new tools and platforms
- Gets me involved in day-to-day activities of the mentor and partnering company.
Ideal Company Type
I have an interdisciplinary background in strategic management, technology, academia and project/program management, and I’m actively working on launching my own business. Ideally, I’d like to work at an IT company with a disruptive business model that constantly adopts innovation and agility. I’m particularly interested in companies that are platform based, have a large number of users and cultures that fosters diversity, inclusion and active learning.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- Team Player
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I genuinely believe that immersion in a different culture, especially in a professional context, will be a transformational experience not just career wise, but also in the fundamental skills that drive both my professional and personal life such as way of thinking, problem solving approach, learning methodology, etc. I’m certain that being exposed to a different culture and new working environment will broaden my horizon and will be a complete paradigm shift. Also, I’ll get the chance to network with extraordinary women whose work and innovation is continuously shaping the IT industry.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will share the experiences and lessons learned during TechWomen with my colleagues at work and university. Also, I’ll plug into similar women empowerment programs to mentor future emerging leaders and help them find their voice and own secret sauce to success. Finally, I’ll use everything that I’ll learn about technology adaptability, innovation and entrepreneurship to launch my startup which would help cardiovascular patients in Egypt lead heart-healthy lifestyle and improve their quality of life.
Years of Full-time Work Experience11
Primary Professional Focus
- Leader who is in charge of overseeing the delivery of technology products and processes
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Strategic Initiatives Lead, Banque Misr
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: April 3, 2023 –
Own the strategy, roadmap and evaluation of multiple business units; Lead strategic programs and initiatives to meet strategic goals; Proposes and manages research into new opportunities.
Analytical thinking; Networking & program management; Data analysis
- Title and Company: CX Journey Leader, Dell Technologies
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: February 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Partnered with cross functional teams to transform customer experience; managed the end-to-end planning and facilitation of design thinking/business innovation trainings and workshops; led cross functional teams during project life-cycle.
Relationship building; coaching; project management.
- Institution: Nile University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Management of Technology
- Location: Giza, Egypt
- Completion Date: January 1, 2023