The 2012 TechWomen Application is Now Open!
The TechWomen initiative will identify approximately 42 women who are emerging leaders in technology sectors for a five-week program, including project-based mentorships at leading companies in California, workshops, networking events, a conference, and meetings in Washington, D.C.
Participants will be women engaged or rising in professional careers that require significant expertise/knowledge of technology and/or innovative application of these skills, and who already are – or show promise of being – role models for others in their countries, particularly for women. “Technology” should be interpreted broadly to include – but not be limited to – the fields of science, education, and business.
An applicant must:
- Be a woman with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in technology sectors and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge of technology and/or innovative application of these skills
- Have, at minimum, a university degree
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia or Yemen at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have demonstrated themselves as emerging leaders in technology
- Have an advanced degree, especially in a technical field
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a record of voluntary or public service in their communities
Deadline For Submission: February 15, 2012
The deadline for submitting TechWomen applications is 23:59 Cairo time, February 15, 2012. Finalists will be contacted via email for in-country interviews in March, April and May 2012. All applicants will be notified of the results of their applications; final decisions will be made in June 2012.
If you have questions about the program, or the application process, please contact us at [email protected].
hello iam from pakistan and very interested in participation,what procedures should i go through?
Hi Sobia – Unfortunately, at this time, we are only accepting applicants who have permanent residency in Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia or Yemen. We invite you to keep in touch through our blog, twitter (@techwomenmena) and website (techwomen.org) as we hope to continue offering this program in the future.
Hi TechWomen Team,
I am from Algeria abd I’m currently doing my thesis for my master degree in computer science. Can I apply? I will love to join the team and learn more about technology to enhance my knowledge in the field. Thanks.
Hi Imene – Thanks for your question. We encourage you take a look at the eligibility requirements listed at https://www.techwomen.org/how-to-apply/. If you think that you meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply!