We are excited to announce the launch of the 2020 TechWomen application! Our 2019 program brought 106 bright and inspiring women from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East. Next year, IIE is looking forward to selecting 108 women leaders from 21 countries for TechWomen’s 10th cohort.
In the three short weeks since the conclusion of TechWomen 2019, our fellows have already leveraged their skills gained in the Bay Area to take on new roles, give back to their communities and spread the word about their TechWomen experience to women in their fields.
- Lillian Motongori of Kenya was featured on BBC’s The She Word program, where she discussed women in the environment and her mentorship experience at PG&E;
- Asna Javed of Pakistan brought together women from three regional offices at IBM Pakistan in addition to women from Egypt and South Africa in order to share tips, tools and best practices for applying to TechWomen and maximizing the TechWomen experience;
- Immaculate Bih of Cameroon went on Cameroon Radio and Television to speak about women in STEM fields and discuss her TechWomen learnings;
- Azhar Mambetova of Kyrgyzstan led three sessions for professionals in finance, speaking about her mentorship at LinkedIn and her TechWomen experience; and
- Team Rwanda members Aline Umutesi, Josiane Ishimwe, Lydia Ingabire and Shakira Nyiratuza came together in Rwanda to discuss implementation of their mentorship program developed during TechWomen 2019 that aims to decrease teenage pregnancy and dropout rates in high school girls.
To all women in STEM from Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Zimbabwe: join our next cohort and join our powerful community of over 700 fellows globally! The application with close on January 15, 2020; interested applicants are encouraged to visit the TechWomen website for more information.