By Edwina Dueñas, Communications Associate
The 2016 TechWomen Emerging Leader application is now open! TechWomen will accept applications from women professionals in (science, technology, engineering and math) STEM fields from program countries in Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East (listed below).
To apply, applicants must
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields;
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program;
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa;
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years; and
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
For complete eligibility information, selection timeline and award details, view our participant page.
Apply now to become a 2016 Emerging Leader and to join our network of more than 330 TechWomen fellows. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2016.