Since the TechWomen delegation trips to Rwanda and Morocco, the selection process for the 2014 class of Emerging Leaders has been in full swing. Currently, all applications are being reviewed by industry leaders and country experts who help narrow down the list of applicants to move on to the next round of selection. These independent selection committees play an integral role in identifying qualified candidates with the potential to succeed and benefit most from the TechWomen program. As the application review process wraps up, here’s a look ahead at the coming months:
- April: After all applications have been reviewed by the selection committees, finalists will be selected to move on to the next round.
- May: Finalists will be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their countries of permanent residence.
- June: Final decisions on the 78 Emerging Leaders will be made, and all applicants will be notified of their final application results. The 2014 Professional Mentor application will open.
- July: The 2014 Cultural Mentor application will open.
- August: All selected Emerging Leaders will be matched with Professional and Cultural Mentors.
The 2014 TechWomen program is fewer than six months away, and there is much to look forward to. As we begin our countdown for October, when the Emerging Leaders arrive to the San Francisco Bay Area, we invite you to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to continue to receive updates about the TechWomen program. We also encourage you to sign up for our mailing list to be notified when the Professional and Cultural Mentor applications open.