- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Urban Agriculture
- Organic and Sustainable Agricultural Technology and Methods
- Water Smart Agriculture (Irrigation Technology and Management)
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
Throughout my work, I have documented different practices of urban and sustainable agriculture including traditional and indigenous knowledge. Besides this research, I am connected to the farmers and organizations whom I have learned best practices from. I am happy to share this with the host company. I am also happy to work on projects for the host company, contributing my time and skills in project development, budget management, team management, coordination and public speaking.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Develop relations with companies and individuals in green technology focused on agriculture and irrigation
- Build technical skills in urban and sustainable agriculture
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Focus on technical skills building
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to basic industry techniques
Ideal Company Type
I am interested in green technology with a focus on urban and sustainable agriculture that is water and climate smart. I want a company that helps me build relationships with others in the fields that may be future partners/suppliers for my business. I also want a company who helps me to improve my technical skills.
- Visual Basic
Additional Technical Skills
Team management; budget management; project cycle management (PMC); gender and social inclusion; academic writing; research; prototyping
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This mentorship will help me improve technical skills, as well as build relations with potential partners, suppliers and funders. It will also put me in a community of like-minded women and relevant companies. This will give me knowledge and resources that will benefit my work with NGOs and my community and help me grow my own business. The mentorship will give me the opportunity to work with people who are where I want to be. I believe this is vital to learn skills, mindsets and attitudes that will help get their easier and quicker.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
“When we want to learn to do things, we do them to learn.” I believe in learning by doing. I have already been coaching other women, funding pilot initiatives and providing training through my work. I am also establishing my own business to promote an urban and sustainable agriculture for food and other purposes for myself and my community. TechWomen will give me technical skills, relations and a community to improve my business.
Years of Full-time Work Experience10
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: AIDA Coordinator, Association of International Development Agencies (AIDA)
- Direct Reports: None
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Jerusalem, Palestinian Territories
- Dates: April 19, 2022 –
Facilitate monthly meeting for advocacy focal points in international NGOs in the Palestinian Territories to coordinate international advocacy as a collective voice; coordinate and facilitate exchange, learning and resource-sharing among the 80+ international NGO members of AIDA; write statements and organize events targeting diplomats and governments to maintain/expand the operational space for international NGOs; represent AIDA members in meetings with relevant stakeholders such as the Humanitarian Country Team, local authorities and diplomats
- Title and Company: Program Manager, Kvinna till Kvinna
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Jerusalem, Palestinian Territories
- Dates: May 14, 2018 – April 30, 2022
Orchestrate programs in accordance with mandates, trends and priorities of rights holders; manage portfolio of 1.5 million/year; supervise and provide technical support to tens of sub-grants for local Palestinian and Israeli women’s rights organizations; co-found the Palestinian Women Water Practitioners Network; train and coach team and partners in project management, monitoring and evaluate of climate change; ensure mainstreaming of disability in projects
- Institution: University of East Anglia
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Water Security
- Minor: Climate Change
- Location: United Kingdom
- Completion Date: September 1, 2017
- Institution: Palestine Polytechnic University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Information Systems
- Location: Palestine
- Completion Date: July 1, 2010