Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Mechanical
- Engineering, Systems
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Guidance, navigation and control
- Spacecraft dynamics and control
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Ideate and formulate a path to impact science and technology, as well as the community, in a positive and productive way
- Brainstorm on my hardware-oriented tech design and development startup
- Gain access to knowledge, resources and professionals in the field
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company would be a technical design and development company in the fields of robotics, astronautics, aeronautics or autonomous systems for everyday applications. The company may be recently established, which will give me the knowledge of how to successfully build my own startup. My ideal company makes a significant impact in innovative product design and implementation.
Additional Technical Skills
I have software, electronic and development expertise for applications related to: dynamics and controls, guidance and navigation, micro-controllers and embedded systems, sensors and instrumentation and programming languages.
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I am an engineer aspiring to create a positive impact in science and technology and in the community. My mentorship will give me skills and the confidence to establish a startup for design and development of engineering products in my country. The TechWomen mentorship will help me refine my ideas to establish something productive, connect to the right professionals in STEM fields and to have access to resources and knowledge.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I will be able to contribute to the co-development of a project for the community's welfare, and I can uplift and help connect experts from Pakistan to the host company for collaboration and combined work. I can also coordinate student or researcher exchange programs between the host company for projects.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
As a professor, I have found female students are usually unaware of areas in which they can succeed. The TechWomen program will help me connect with other experts in the STEM fields, and later I can share my knowledge with my students. The TechWomen program will take me to Silicon Valley, which will be an amazing opportunity for me as an aspiring entrepreneur. On my return, my aim is to provide and create opportunities for other women in science.
Years of Full-time Work Experience8
Primary Professional Focus
- Mechanical or aerospace specialist
- Technical product design
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Assistant Professor, Institute of Space Technology
- Direct Reports: 2
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
- Dates: August 27, 2012 –
Teach courses to engineering students; Supervise Bachelor-level theses and projects; Supervise semester projects; Manage coordination and administrative tasks for research group.
- Title and Company: Student Worker, EADS Astrium
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Ottobrunn, Germany
- Dates: February 14, 2011 – November 30, 2011
In charge of the design and development of software for navigation solutions for a space-borne global navigation satellite system receiver.
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Astronautics and Space Technology
- Minor: Space Robotics
- Location: Espoo, Finland
- Completion Date: November 11, 2011
- Institution: National University of Sciences and Technology
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Mechatronics Engineering
- Location: Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Completion Date: May 1, 2005