- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Engineering, Software
- Information Systems Management
- Big data and machine learning
- Web progressive application
- Blockchain technology
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- How to use technologies like AI and machine learning when building an application, especially web applications, and learn best practices, tools, algorithms and techniques for applying these technologies.
- Enhance knowledge of best practices for processing and analyzying big data and learn about the tools and algorithm to process big data and how companies benefit from big data.
- Learn how projects are managed in big companies and how to become a successful manager of multiple teams, as well as learn tips for leading and motivating a team and how to cultivate different coaching styles and develop team members effectively.
Ideal Company Type
I would like to be mentored by a large software development company that tackles real problems of technology and implements new technologies. For example, a company that works on big data, AI and machine learning projects would be ideal, and I would like to learn how leading companies process the data, analyze it and use it in an efficient way. Further, my ideal host company is one has several developer groups, where I can learn how they manage all development processes among multiple teams. Finally, diversity is very important to me so I want to work in a company that has employees from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Data access using SQL server
- Mobile Web (Google Developer Challenge Scholarship)
- Blockchain for Business - An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies
- Machine Learning (In progress)
- Visual Basic
Additional Technical Skills
Agile methodology; event coordination; SQL query optimization; SSIS and SSAS; web development.
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
By learning new technologies and receiving training in a leading company, this mentorship will equip me with networking and technical skills that will add value to my career. The TechWomen program will prepare me for the road ahead by giving me the opportunity to gain practical work experience.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My leadership and professional experience in software development will be of immense benefit to my host organization. I am going to exchange local and regional challenges and innovative solutions with my host company. Some of the most valuable contributions will be sharing my cultural heritage, bringing new insights and building a partnership with my host company. Also, I am a hardworking person and I am full of energy, a social person and a self-led learner. I will bring my passion, commitment and enthusiasm to my host company and I will accomplish every task assigned to me.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I have a large network of women in Palestine, so I am planning to share my experience with them. I will put on events that will introduce women to the opportunities that are available around the world to help them enhance their professional skills and careers. Also, I am planning to establish a mentoring network to share knowledge and skills and I am planning to make more events at schools that aim to encourage girls to enhance their technology skills and educate teachers and students on educational resources available online.
Years of Full-time Work Experience5
Primary Professional Focus
- IT systems and/or data analysis
- Web analyst
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Software developer, Rayah Group
- Direct Reports: 3
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Ramallah, Palestinian Territories
- Dates: August 26, 2013 –
Analyze, design, develop and maintain service and web-based applications using C#, Asp.net, and client-side frameworks like Reactjs, Bootstrap, and Jquery; work on loading, analysis and visualization of big data using report service and analytic tools; optimize applications and design high-performance code and queries; analyze requirements and write technical design documentation; conduct functional testing and code review; lead the remote team; maintain current knowledge on emerging technologies and apply latest software solutions to new projects; designed and developed Blockchain application using Hyperledger Fabric Network and developed Blockchain Explorer showing ledger transactions.
- Title and Company: Project Coordinator, Digital Dynamics
- Location: Nablus, Palestinian Territories
- Dates: May 1, 2015 – October 1, 2015
Managed technical operations; supported clients; gathered requirements from clients; designed new features in the system; racked the tickets opened by clients; coordinated between client and development team; helped marketing team by writing a proposal for new product and new features;
wrote the user guide for existing products; conducted a regular review of technical support; maintained project documentation and prepared reports.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Arab American University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Computer Information Technology
- Location: Jenen, Palestinian Territories
- Completion Date: July 1, 2013