- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Information Systems Management
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Data mining and analytics, particularly data analysis and reporting
- Health information management systems
- Health science and technology
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Develop strong leadership and innovation skills to increase my efficiency within my work, especially to strengthen our health information system
- Expand my knowledge and skills on quality data reporting systems and processes (designing reporting tools, setting up databases and analyzing data)
- Gain first-hand experience and a better understanding of the use of electronic medical records (EMR) in HIV/AIDS care and treatment
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company deals with health records or health information systems. It should be a central hub for health information where data for various health services is collated and analyzed. It fosters open communication, is open to diversity and is willing to listen as well as give feedback. Team members are approachable. My ideal company provides an environment where I can continuously learn new things and improve my skills.
Additional Technical Skills
CSPro; SPSS; STATA; ATLAS.Ti; DHID2
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My mentorship will equip me with leadership and innovation skills that will position me on a better platform to make a positive change in our data reporting system. Secondly, it will enhance my problem solving skills, which will help me tackle the many challenges I will face as I seek to improve our HIV/AIDS information system. The health information system as a whole needs to be strengthened; the additional skills and expertise gained from my mentorship will be valuable to the health system and Sierra Leone as a whole.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I am a very humble, innovative, proactive, dedicated and self-motivated person. I possess very strong communication skills. I have the ability to prioritize and deliver tasks within set deadlines, and I will work hard to achieve set goals of my mentors and host company. I am a great team player. I am the only female in my current team but I embrace diversity and inclusion. Overall, my drive for constant professional growth motivates me to always want to learn more and give my best.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Upon completion of the TechWomen program, I will use the valuable knowledge, skills and exposure gained to make a positive change within my organization, the community and the country as a whole. I will also use the expertise and innovative skills gained from the mentorship to impact and strengthen our health information system and my business. I intend to scale my business to the next level. I also intend to mentor girls affected by HIV/AIDS in support groups to inform them about the benefits of STEM and also share my TechWomen experience with them.
Years of Full-time Work Experience6
Primary Professional Focus
- IT systems and/or data analysis
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, National AIDS Control Programme
- Direct Reports: 10+
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Dates: January 3, 2011 –
Supervise HIV counselors and data entry staff nationwide; Develop monitoring and evaluation work plans and frameworks; Analyze HIV/AIDS national data and prepare program reports; Develop HIV training manuals and facilitate training and mentoring for staff; Conduct routine facility visits for monitoring and supportive supervision; Engage in HIV/AIDS research and grant proposal writing.
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: University of East London
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Public Health
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Completion Date: October 1, 2008
- Institution: Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Biological Sciences
- Minor: Statistics
- Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Completion Date: December 1, 2005