- Green Tech/Clean Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Engineering and Science, Materials and Industrial
- Solar energy, bioenergy (energy from waste and biomass)
- Waste and wastewater management (treatment and reuse)
- Compost, bio-fertilizers, bio-char, briquettes and climate smart agricultural technologies
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Gain in-depth practical knowledge on solar systems (identification and selection of equipment, solar PV design and build up, installation, monitoring, maintenance, and recycling).
- Initiate and efficiently implement projects aiming at providing solutions to energy challenges through up to date renewable energy technologies (with focus on bio and solar energy).
- The art of business pitching (including the elevator pitch and pitch deck) and improve my public speaking skills.
Ideal Company Type
I'd like to be matched with a company who is in line with my career goals of being a sustainable producer of renewable energy and contributing to solve the world's energy crisis. I'd prefer to work with a larger organization that is pioneering innovative energy technologies, and specializes in the design and manufacturing of high quality solar power systems. My hope is that the organization provides installation, monitoring and maintenance services. I'd like to be at a company which has acquired technical expertise, and extensive knowledge of challenges in the solar energy sector, and how to overcome them.
Additional Technical Skills
I have participated in several laboratory environmental projects in which topics included: environmental and socioeconomic impact assessment and analysis, and wastewater analysis and treatment methods. I am able to implement lab-scale production bio-energy sources, specifically of bio-gas and compost. I continue to be very interested in providing efficient and sustainable solutions to the world's current energy challenges and have taken MOOC courses in New Energy Technologies, in order to improve my theoretical knowledge of renewable energy solutions.
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This mentorship opportunity will give me the essential technical tools and practical experiences needed to excel in the renewable energy sector, which is exceptionally needed to complement what is currently being done in Cameroon. I will hone my interpersonal, public speaking, and leadership skills, and this opportunity will grant me full access to more advanced technologies found in developed countries. At the end of the program, I expect to walk out a completely different person, with boosted self-reliance, resiliency, a more open mindset, and strengthened professional capacity needed to reach full potential and achieve professional excellence.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My most valuable contribution will be to share real experiences and knowledge about how developing countries, like my own, deal with the realities and challenges of climate change, natural resource management, and renewable energy. I am a energized contributor who will be available and actively participate in all activities and projects as needed. If asked, I will gladly share Cameroonian culture, our traditional local dishes, and the french language.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will expand my network through increased participation in speaking engagements at professional conferences, workshops and community activities. I will work with local NGOs and use social media to share out my own lessons learned as a woman in STEM. I would like to become a mentor to understand other's challenges in their career choices and share my experience and technical expertise. Upon my return, I will actively participate in the TechWomen Cameroon Alumni group to together join forces to empower and promote women and girls in the STEM field.
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Environmental Engineer, RADI Organics Ltd
- Direct Reports: 5
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Douala, Cameroon
- Dates: December 1, 2017 –
Conduct field work and laboratory testing, sampling soil and testing for pH, carbon content; Maintain records of soil analysis, Organize organic farm orientation sessions to improve environmental pollution, Develop organic bio fertilizers and bio-pesticides, Write and design new project proposals and action plans for potential partners, Develop land enrichment products in order to enhance agricultural productivity.
- Title and Company: Assistant Product Research and Development Engineer, Les Grands Complexes Chimique d’Afrique LGCCA SA
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Douala, Cameroon
- Dates: November 22, 2016 – November 22, 2017
Developed formulas for body care products; Conducted and implemented stability and sensory trials and provided analysis on results; Improved existing product formulas to improve performance and efficiency;
Performing efficacy testing of formulations to ensure adequacy, or determine the need for reformulation;
Analyzed product and packaging costs;
Improved product yields by reducing costs and investigating alternative raw materials or packaging;
Liaised with local and international suppliers to obtain raw materials and packaging samples and costings.
- Title and Company: Junior Environmentalist, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
- Dates: June 8, 2016 – November 7, 2016
Identified and performed analysis of project stakeholders and affected persons;
Attended public consultations and meetings with all stakeholders to establish monitoring and mitigation plans;
Conducted household surveys and selected catchment areas;
Carried out data collection for the assessment and management of social and environmental impacts;
Hosted several community meetings with affected populations to inform them of the positive impacts of our project.
Highest Level of Education CompletedNone specified
- Institution: National School of Agro-Industrial Sciences ENSAI
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Industrial Chemistry and Environmental Engineering
- Location: Ngaoundere, Cameroon
- Completion Date: November 1, 2015
- Institution: University of Buea
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Biochemistry
- Minor: Laboratory Technology
- Location: Buea, Cameroon
- Completion Date: December 1, 2011