- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Water and wastewater technology
- Sanitation technology
- Waste treatment
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn how innovative products are designed, developed, marketed and commercialized.
- Gain in-depth practical experience with environmentally friendly technology in the water, waste-water and sanitation field.
- Learn how to build beneficial partnerships and collaborations.
Ideal Company Type
An ideal company for me is a company in the water, wastewater and sanitation sector. I prefer a start-up that is fast-paced, with a maximum of 50 employees and where my contribution has a direct positive impact. My ideal company is one that is focused on utilizing already available resources and whose culture is guided by collaboration, direct feedback, inclusivity, diversity and puts their clients/users at the center of their work.
- Social Innovation Management
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My vision is to grow into an industry expert, change-maker and serial innovator. This mentorship will provide me with the opportunity to gain skills and provide me with access to networks that will push me in the right direction towards achieving this vision.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Through my social enterprise, I will implement what I learn to continue making a positive impact on society and will work with people in the TechWomen network to achieve even greater social impact. I will also ensure that I pass down the knowledge acquired to women and girls in Kenya.
Years of Full-time Work Experience2
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Technical product design
- Technical product manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Founder and CEO, Syna Consultancy Ltd
- Direct Reports: 4
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Dates: January 6, 2020 –
Oversee the complete operation of the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans. Research, design, testing, and launching of water and sanitation solutions for the mobility-challenged in Kenya. Manage monitoring, evaluation, budgeting and reporting to our donor partners. Schedule, coordinate and chair meetings internally and with external stakeholders. Supervise and evaluate the work of other executive leaders within the organization. Build working relationships with partners and networks.
- Title and Company: Future Initiatives Fellow, Sanergy
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Dates: March 4, 2019 – July 3, 2019
Successfully completed fecal sludge trash management trials; designed double trash screens, supervised its fabrication and implementation, and evaluated its use; developed an assessment framework for fecal sludge trash management trials.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Egerton University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Water and Environmental Engineering
- Location: Njoro, Kenya
- Completion Date: December 1, 2018