- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Digital Media
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Database Administration
- E-commerce and platform based business
- Digital Marketing
- Data visualization and analysis
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Acquire technical skills, tools, knowledge, and resources to foster creative and innovative thinking that leads to business growth and success.
- Learn about best practices for successful platform based solutions in e-commerce.
- Meet and learn from experienced mentors and peers from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds, expand my network and build relationships that lead to long term positive impact.
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company would be one that provides innovative internet products and services for businesses including e-commerce, digital marketing, cloud services and data analytics. It would also have a company culture that supports diversity, equity and inclusion.
Additional Technical Skills
Project management; programming; digital design; marketing strategy; web server administration
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I'm keen on gaining insightful and exciting business knowledge to propel my business to the next level as well as to be in a better position to contribute to society. I believe experiential learning brings real transformational change in professional development. Being part of a like-minded group of professionals on the same journey towards more impact is invaluable. Operating in a different cultural context within the tech space will definitely develop my technical and business skills and cross-cultural competency and awareness to challenge the assumptions I have about the world and about myself.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I plan to reach, engage and invest in female entrepreneurs who will later go on to become future female business leaders. I will imbue them with the confidence to unleash ingenuity and creativity that can truly yield community-wide economic development. I'm intrinsically motivated to give back and have a wealth of knowledge to share. I am currently reaching these entrepreneurs through volunteering with organizations like YEPI (https://www.yepiafrica.org/) where I am a mentor and facilitator for The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya, and I will continue to do so after participating in the TechWomen program. I will also share my experience with my colleagues and my community to inspire them to apply for future cohorts.
Years of Full-time Work Experience12
Primary Professional Focus
- Technical project and program manager
- Web analyst
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Founder, Freemark E-Marketplace
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Dates: December 1, 2019 –
Responsible for the development and smooth running of the platform; digital marketing; engages vendors and uses feedback to improve the platform.
- Title and Company: Founder, Web Solutions Kenya
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Dates: January 1, 2010 –
Operate autonomously in all facets of busines including strategic planning, operations, product development, sales and marketing; Manages and retains relationships with clients by establishing a customer-centric culture of communication, collaboration, & accountability resulting in top tier performance and rave reviews; Researches business opportunities and viable income streams.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Information Technology
- Minor: Business
- Location: Kenya
- Completion Date: July 1, 2008