- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Engineering, Software
- Engineering, Computer
- Teaching digital skills
- Front end web development
- Owning and managing an online learning platform
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn to effectively design and implement a digital training skills curriculum. Understand the mechanisms of owning and managing an e-learning platform.
- Learn more about search engine crawling mechanisms, SEO, digital presence, digital marketing trends.
- Improve my technical skills and knowledge in terms of web development, and best front end web development practices
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company will be an established Edutech company that constantly designs digital skills courses, one that has an organized structure with managers, teachers and trainers. Their focus should be on offering training both online and onsite, tech courses will be an added bonus. I will love a company that has an inclusive culture, one that offers opportunities for everyone to be heard, one whose senior team members supervise and mentor junior workers.
- Web Development (Microverse, 09/2020)
- Full Stack Web Development Certificate
- HTML/CSS Certificate
- Ruby/Databases/Ruby on Rails Certificate
- React/Redux Certificate
Additional Technical Skills
Git; GitHub; Heroku; Netlify; implementing Mobile/Responsive Development, Test Driven Development, Chrome Dev Tools; Remote Pair-Programming; Graphic Design; Email Marketing; Social Media Marketing; Search Engine Optimisation
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- Avid Learner
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
With TechWomen mentorship, I will be able to work with my mentor to design better ways to empower girls with digital skills. We could update the curriculum, researching and leveraging market needs to create greater impact. A TechWomen mentorship will go a long way to strengthen my professional capacity and assist me in growing as a leader in technology, and a tech entrepreneur. I will be able to leverage my newfound network to magnify my voice as an advocate for girls in STEM fields.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
My experience in the TechWomen program will help me think objectively when making decisions that concern my tech startup and professional development goals. It will equally enable me to better craft, plan, organize and execute my projects. Networking with other like-minded women in ICT will improve my problem-solving skills as we will share ideas on how we tackle similar problems and projects. Meeting influential industry leaders and being able to ask them delimiting questions about the industry will clarify my worries on my larger-than-life goals and help me understand what kind of leadership style works for my tech startup.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3
Primary Professional Focus
- Business Development and Incubator
- Educational Technology and E-learning
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Tech Mentor, CareerFoundry
- Direct Reports: 6
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Dates: February 1, 2021 –
Provides continuous support through one-to-one video conference calls and asynchronous Loom videos to mentees; Works with mentees to solve their personal and technical difficulties; Prepares structured roadmaps for mentees to efficiently finish their curriculum; Provides students with invaluable insights into working in their chosen field and ensuring that the curriculum projects they work on are aligned with their long-term career goals.
- Title and Company: Full Stack Web Developer, Data Girl Technologies
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Limbe, Cameroon
- Dates: October 1, 2019 – February 1, 2021
Offered training on digital skills to girls; Developed front end website architecture using Reactjs and BootStrap; Built over 30 WordPress Sites; Developed several Rails APIs; Built 30+ Web applications using Rails and React; Consistently contributed to open source projects.
- Title and Company: Front End Web Developer, Green Business
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Bamenda, Cameroon
- Dates: January 1, 2017 – September 1, 2019
Developed front-end architecture for client sites, including strategy, wireframes, layouts, and UX design; Built web applications using ReactJs/Bootstrap; Reduced project delivery time by half.
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: The ICT University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Business Administration
- Location: Cameroon
- Completion Date: July 1, 2015
- Institution: University of Buea
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Accounting
- Location: Cameroon
- Completion Date: December 1, 2011