Areas of Expertise
- Geology and Geological Sciences
- Engineering, Petroleum
- Environmental geo-sites protection
- Saving natural resources
- Oil exploration
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn how earth & environmental sciences are perceived in other countries.
- Experience different tools/methodology to solve environmental problems.
- Exchange tips and ideas with the professionals to help me develop my plans.
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Focus on technical skills building
Ideal Company Type
I'll be happy being matched with a global company or preferably, a scientific agency or institution that conducts targeted science research on projects related to Earth and Environmental Sciences. A company with a large working environment that fosters innovation and change, values knowledge transfer and allows me to contribute my skills and experience to a talented team of professionals that has unique skills and know how to work together effectively. I'm also interested in working in projects where I can broaden my prospects and open my eyes to new techniques that are lacking here in Egypt.
- Reservoir Characterization Course, SPE
- Sedimentology of Carbonate Reservoirs & Facies Modelling Course, Geoenergy
- Mud Logging Course, ECS
- Well-Site Geology Course, AAPG Student Chapter
Additional Technical Skills
Petrel, IP, Techlog; Surfer, Corel Draw, GIS.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Because of my difficult upbringing, I have always been self-driven, self-motivated and flexible. That meant that I had to work harder than others in order to succeed. Participating in this program will change the next course of my life and career. Finally getting exposed to a broader mindset, guidance, diverse professionals and a sufficient experience will help me grow as a researcher. Moreover, exchanging ideas, engaging in the different program activities with different people will help me acquire valuable knowledge and develop my skills. This program would finally qualify me to be a role model in my field in Egypt.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will return home and devote my time to share all the experiences I gained from TechWomen program through Egyptian media and social media, and through giving workshops and presentations in the various universities of Egypt. Then, I plan to help protect and develop geo-sites in Egypt through keeping them clean and safeguarded, using geoscience communication tools such as hiking and geocaching activities along natural geologic trails and raising the public geo-heritage awareness. This will help reduce geological hazards and preserve Egypt's natural resources for future generations, will put Egypt on the environmental tourism map.
Years of Full-time Work Experience7
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Overseeing the delivery of technology products
- Scientist and researcher
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Assistant Exploration Manager, Trident Petroleum Company
- Direct Reports: 5
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: March 10, 2015 –
Perform geological studies to explore new well sites; evaluate and prioritize exploration opportunities; ensure completion of technical work programs within approved timelines; train new employees; manage staff performance; assign job responsibilities, assess and provide feedback; report to top management; prepare annual exploration program budgets; conduct regular rig site visits; monitor and record drilling activity; supervise drilling operations and personnel; direct drilling and determine how drilling should proceed; provide information to drilling team about status of well
- Title and Company: In-House Screening Specialist, Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: August 3, 2014 – October 28, 2014
Screen manuscripts and history of author; ensure manuscript falls within the scope of the journal and check for plagiarism; review manuscript type to guarantee it is submitted in journal with right type; perform rigorous searches to ensure manuscript has not been previously published or is under review elsewhere; search authors history to ensure there are no sanctions preventing submission; evaluate length of manuscript meets standards
- Institution: Helwan University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Geology
- Location: Egypt
- Completion Date: September 1, 2013