- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Graphic Design
- Digital Media
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Social media design/PowerPoint design/printable designs
- Design brand identity/brand book
- Graphic design
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn best practices for building a freelance community.
- Learn how to develop and maintain the quality of the outputs of the freelancer.
- Develop solid structures to choose the best tools to make graphics designers in our community more uniquely creative and ensure every designer has a special touch.
Ideal Company Type
The ideal company for my professional mentorship is a company specializing in graphic design. A larger company would have the capacity to make events and clubs for their designers where they would be able to share best practices and new developments in the design world. I would like to be paired with a company where I can do networking with new and beginner graphic designers to discover the new talented designers. My ideal company has an excellent contribution to connect graphic designers or any tech specialization with clients. My ideal company has fun vibrations while working.
Additional Technical Skills
Adobe Photoshop; InDesign; XD; Adobe Illustrator
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- Solution Finder
- Fun but serious
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Participating in the TechWomen professional mentorship will enhance my self-confidence. It will also contribute to and enhance my experience in developing logical thinking methods. The mentorship will help me build a vision and a correct expectation of the results that I aspire to achieve.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Participating in the TechWomen program and acting as an example is enough to convince the trainees in my home country that they can do it and start walking toward their goals. This will show them that there is nothing that can stop them. On the technical side, especially in graphic design, I think I will find a method or structure to make every graphic designer have their own unique touch.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3
Primary Professional Focus
- Design or CAD
- Individual contributor leading innovation
- Managing technical employees
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Skylancer program assistant, Mercy Corps/Gaza Sky Geeks
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: South of Gaza,
- Dates: November 1, 2019 – March 1, 2021
Helped establish selection criteria and process for interested graduate and community youth members; Supported developing and setting up retention strategies; Maintained proper engagement and connection for all the freelance program graduates and alumni; Supported freelancing mentors and freelancing program team to cultivate a pipeline of future freelancing mentors and co-mentors from the program alumni; set up specific engagement activities for potential mentors; developed a strategy to enhance communications between GSG Freelance academy and unselected participants to help them overcome issues that excluded them from participating in the program.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Al Quds Open University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Information system of computer
- Location: Palestinian Territories
- Completion Date: September 1, 2008