- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Software
- Computer Science
- Computer Security
- Software requirements, engineering and software quality assurance
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- Security engineering
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Improve my entrepreneurship skills in software engineering to provide solutions to immediate problems, especially those faced by femlae children in my community.
- Enhance my leadership skills to learn how to manage enterprise software development projects so that projects are completed within budget and allocated time.
- Understand how security can be adequately incorporated into the development of large scale software and how machine learning can be applied in the process.
Ideal Company Type
I would like to be mentored in a company involved in software engineering, where I will be exposed to software development, software project management, software modelling, software security, machine learning or data science. My ideal company is one that that works closely with the academic sector for knowledge transfer. Above all, I am interested in a company that can mentor me towards achieving my goals of entrepreneurship and establishment of a STEM university for women with the biggest school of computing in Africa. The company size does not matter as long as I can have good exposure. Finally, I want to learn how to be an effective leader.
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Auditing
Additional Technical Skills
J2EE; MVC; Adobe Photoshop; flash
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This mentorship will help me learn to lead at broader levels of society and more people. I believe in the power of knowledge transfer. I do not want this mentorship to benefit myself only, but I want to be able to transfer the knowledge I gain to other women to motivate them to achieve against all odds. African women lack role models in STEM to look up to, and I want to inspire the next generation of women in STEM.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
Coming from Africa, I would contribute my knowledge of the ICT industry in Africa, university operations, entrepreneurship in Africa and systems in use (and those that are not) which may create a platform for the host company to penetrate further markets that are yet to be explored. I will invest substantial time to familiarize myself with my host company's operations. The project I will work on will add value to the host company and to me.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Participating in the TechWomen program will enable me to mentor young women and spearhead developmental projects that will empower them in STEM related areas. I will work to expand the girls’ clubs at the Harare Institute of Technology into other communities so that girls in those areas can also benefit. I will work to set up TechHubs for women in marginalized communities in Zimbabwe and also embark in developmental activities such as web and applications development that empowers young girls. I will leverage the TechWomen network to help shape ideas and organize events and activities beneficial to the communities.
Years of Full-time Work Experience12
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Head of Department, Lecturer, Harare Institute of Technology
- Direct Reports: 9
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Dates: August 2, 2010 –
Recruit staff, carry-out staff appraisals, enforce adherence to quality; develop and review program regulations, course outlines and manuals, develop short courses; attend departmental and Institute board meetings; produce various reports, represent the Department and Institute at various meetings and conferences outside the Institute; provide student services such as career guidance, enrollment. Internship assessment, supervision of second and final year projects, mentorship and motivation; build working relationships with partners, organize departmental events, peer review other university programs and their staff qualifications; teach courses on neural networks and pattern matching and artificial intelligence; manage commercial projects and technical training.
- Title and Company: Systems Support Analyst, Africansun Ltd
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Dates: February 18, 2008 – October 30, 2009
Supported The Victoria Falls Hotel and The Kingdom at Victoria Falls with their ICT needs such as systems support, network and server administration and network support for Windows, UNIX and LINUX systems, antivirus software management and exchange server administration; produced various reports for head office; trained end users on new systems; mentored students on attachment; managed hardware maintenance and repairs; monitored helpdesk issues; ran system backup; oversaw asset management; contributed to development of ICT policy; raised CAPEX requisitions.
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: Amity University Gurgaon
- Degree Awarded: Ph.D
- Major: Computer Science and Engineering
- Minor: Machine Learning
- Location: Haryana, India
- Completion Date: December 1, 2019
- Institution: Delhi Technological University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Software Engineering
- Minor: Sofware Security Engineering
- Location: Delhi, India
- Completion Date: July 1, 2014
- Institution: Midlands State University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Computer Science
- Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe
- Completion Date: June 1, 2006