Areas of Expertise
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Digital Media
- The use of IT to enhance STEM outreach in schools
- Graphic design for science communication
- Animation to enhance STEM teaching
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- To acquire practical and hands on experience in appropriate and relevant graphic design to make STEM more fun for kids.
- Learn how to create exciting mobile apps for use in STEM outreach and the latest global trends in educational technology.
- Learn more about relevant hands on activities in science (STEM) communication and also acquire better leadership and management skills for my NGO.
Additional Technical Skills
Telescopic and astronomical equipment; science communication; project management
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I believe participating in the TechWomen program will boost career through the international exposure and networking it provides. The TechWomen experience will improve my leadership and management skills, provide me with the practical and hands-on experience needed to do better in my career, and develop me as a mentor to girls and women in my community and workplace. I will channel the knowledge gained throughout the program towards expanding and building my skills in innovations and technology related to STEM advocacy and outreach back home.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I believe participating in the TechWomen program would provide the necessary international exposure to improve my STEM outreach activities back home. It will help me to gain knowledge on the use of mobile apps to teach STEM to children in Nigeria, and make promoting STEM among girls in Nigerian schools would be a lot easier. Upon my return home, I hope to be able to sustain my STEM advocacy programs using educational technology to bridge the gap that currently exists in STEM education in Nigeria.
Years of Full-time Work Experience13
Primary Professional Focus
- Educational technology
- Scientist and researcher
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Assistant Chief Scientific Officer, National Space Research & Development Agency (NASRDA)
- Direct Reports: 10+
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Dates: September 1, 2008 –
Supervise, train, monitor, coordinate a team of scientists and engineers in the Space Education Unit of the Nigerian Space Agency; conduct STEM workshops and training for Science teachers and pupils; conduct STEM and astronomy outreach to schools and communities across Nigeria; manage STEM projects; oversee the Space Museum at the National Space Research & Development Agency; provide technical assistance to the head of the Planning, Policy and Research Department at the Space Agency; develop development policy for the Space Agency; coordinate inter organization collaborations with the Space Agency
- Title and Company: Research Officer II, National Information Technology Development Agency
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Ife-Ife, Nigeria
- Dates: July 2, 2007 – August 29, 2008
Carried out media advocacy on raising information technology awareness among rural people; conducted different IT researches for a STEM project for school kids; collaborated with an NGO to make refurbished computer systems available for rural people; carried out STEM workshops and training for girls and rural women
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: Obafemi Awolowo University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Technology Management
- Minor: Management Information System
- Location: Ile-Ife, Nigeria
- Completion Date: December 1, 2012
- Institution: University of Ilorin
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Computer Science
- Location: Ilorin, Nigeria
- Completion Date: December 1, 2004