Areas of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Computer Science
- Deep learning
- Self-driving cars
- Computer vision
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- I would like to gain understanding of how to manage a STEM foundation targeted at the unserved and underserved areas in rural communities in Nigeria. I am looking for guidance on the digital technology to actualize this and how to seek volunteers, donors and commitment from the beneficiaries, keeping in mind that these are economically disadvantaged communities.
- Develop entrepreneurial confidence in the implementation of AI driven solutions towards achieving the UN sustainable development goals, with emphasis on identity, agriculture and security.
- Widen my professional network internationally, and measures to keep the relationship long for future collaborations.
Ideal Company Type
A perfect company for my mentorship placement will be a technological organization leveraging on the recent breakthrough, AI/deep learning in her activities. A Fortune 500 company at the forefront in this fourth industrial revolution with a good record of staff engagement, satisfaction and diversity. A company that values knowledge transfer and has a structure for mentorship.
- Deep Learning Udacity Nanodegree
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Recently, I co-founded a company named Dronagro Technologies Limited - a farm data analytic using smart drones. The company is at its nascent stage and I am convinced that a chance at TechWomen will help shape my entrepreneurial and innovative leadership skills to help move the company forward. My professional goal is to be a game-changer in this Deep-Learning Revolution. I love to be at the forefront of AI research and implementation here in Africa. Africa suffers a dearth in AI talents and I believe a TechWomen Mentorship leveraging on computer vision will be an eye-opener. Also, I beleive I will benefit from the networking opportunities that TechWomen will provide.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will gain insights into how other nationalities do their business and adopt those practices that will work fine in my home country - Nigeria. I volunteer with IEEE Nigeria. I hope to develop and nurture professional relationships to invite my networks as speakers in WIE Nigeria events, thereby fostering international relationships. The focus will be on entrepreneurship to help women change the narratives and be business leaders. I will introduce young minds from the underserved communities to technological trends such as AI, programming, STEM, etc. The foundation will set up facilities such as the Internet and a dedicated workspace.
Years of Full-time Work Experience5
Primary Professional Focus
- Computer operations and/or security
- Scientist and researcher
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Research Engineer, Digital Pulse Technologies
- Direct Reports: 2
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Dates: May 1, 2017 –
Performs intensive research on new technologies to be deployed for various organizations; monitors, organizes and participates in technical training; recruit; research on different biometrics techniques (morphological, behavioral and biological), with emphasis on the morphological (fingerprints, facial and iris), network with potential clients, Implemented an Iris recognition, verification and matching systems using a deep-learning approach, configured binocular design to capture both eyes at the same time, performed a feature extraction of biometrics characteristics of fingerprints and iris. Projects include JAMB Digital Services (USSD, SMS, IVR), National Identity Management Commission, NAPTIP and more
- Title and Company: Graduate Engineer, Oyo State Ministry of Works and Transportation
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
- Dates: April 3, 2016 – April 4, 2017
Participated in the maintenance of the transformers, circuit breakers and inverters, designed using AutoCAD and Inventor, consulted for electrical building services, photometric data analysis, weekly reporting.
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: African University of Science and Technology
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Computer Sience
- Minor: Artificial Intelligence
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Completion Date: July 1, 2019
- Institution: University of Ibadan
- Degree Awarded:
- Major: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Minor: Control Systems
- Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
- Completion Date: August 1, 2015