- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Software
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Engineering, Petroleum
- Process control and optimization
- Anticipating hazards in high-/low-pressure flare gas recovery
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn more about artificial intelligence and its capabilities for running systems.
- Develop best practices for process control and optimization.
- Gain utility with current and emerging technologies on robustness of IT control.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My participation in TechWomen will allow me to reinforce my skills, as well as learn about altogether new technologies that could accelerate the evolution of my Ph.D. studies. At present, I am running a project unprecedented in Tunisia, and so my possibilities are limited. The support of my TechWomen network and all that I will learn from successful companies will be beneficial for me, and I believe that the experience will encourage me to launch a business of my own finally.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
In my country, there is a glaring absence of women in leadership roles, which results not only from gender inequality but also women's unawareness of their rights and possibilities. As part of the TechWomen network, I will participate in social projects to instill leadership skills in girls by showing them examples of successful working women and reinforcing awareness of their rights. After the TechWomen program, I will be but one role model for them by establishing my business in the artificial intelligence arena and working to make a positive ecological impact with it.
Years of Full-time Work Experience4
Primary Professional Focus
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Analyst Developer, VERMEG
- Direct Reports: 3
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Tunis, Tunisia
- Dates: February 1, 2020 –
Monitor software platforms; supervise software servers; analyze memory anomalies; support on front-/back-end web application; perform troubleshooting, diagnostic patches and solutions with code problems; report on customer activities
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: National School of Electronics and Telecommunications of Sfax
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Computer Science Engineering
- Minor: Process Control & Instrumentation
- Location: Sfax, Tunisia
- Completion Date: July 1, 2015