Areas of Expertise
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Pharmaceutical Engineering and Science
- Research in neurodegenerative diseases
- Drug development research on disease models
- Applied biosystems on cancer research
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen mentorship?
My curiosity and motivation will be two biggest assets for me. As for these big and high-tech companies, I would humbly hope to contribute with my different academic pathway and background, which has both pros and cons on my thinking patterns, creativity and who I am as a scientist today.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Being exposed to translational research and basic industry techniques
- Working on short-term project that will strengthen my technical skills and ''sense of science''
- Getting involved in day-to-day workflow of my mentor or company
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
- Gets me involved in day-to-day activities of the mentor and partnering company.
Ideal Company Type
As I am a graduate science student, I understand that I am in the ''kindergarten of the scientific world''. As much as I get excited by being a part of the basic research in my program, I also want to see real life applications and translations of research being done. I want to do my internship in a company where basic research, clinical trials and massive manufacturing are intertwined with each other. I especially want to focus on how drugs are developed or tested and which important steps are carried out leading to manufacturing.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Companies will teach me me valuable skills in the applied science and research.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I would leverage all my knowledge and experience gained in TechWomen in the field of higher Educational Institutions of Turkmenistan. I would starting my impact by educating, mentoring and creating opportunities for younger generations to realize themselves both professionally and personally.
Years of Full-time Work Experience2
Primary Professional Focus
- Bio or medical technology
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: High School Scence Teacher, 12th High School of Lebap region
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Turkmenabat, Turkmenistan
- Dates: September 1, 2019 – October 1, 2021
Teaching biology lessons; Designing experiments; Supervising group projects; Controlling students' attendance and overall achievements.
- Institution: Oguz Khan Engineering and Technology University of Turkmenistan
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Biotechnology
- Location: Turkmenistan
- Completion Date: June 1, 2019