- Green Tech/Clean Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable Energy
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Wind energy
- Solar energy
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- U.S. best practices in developing renewables projects
- Innovation in renewable technologies and electrical storage systems
- Social and environmental impacts of wind projects
Ideal Company Type
There are two challenges to the development of renewable projects in Morocco: how to manage a grid regulatory agency and how to reduce social and environmental impacts of wind and solar projects according to required guidelines. I would like to work with a company that works in the development and implementation of renewable energy projects.
- Visual Basic
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I would like to learn from my mentorship experience more about management models used by U.S. companies and how to deal with conflict situations in achieving a common goal. I hope this experience will help me develop my management skills.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I hope to share and learn more about renewable energy strategies and best practices. I will provide insight into the Moroccan renewable energy strategy and hope to share ideas and solutions to common challenges in this area.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
In my current position as Project Manager at ONEE, I hope through the TechWomen experience to bring back solutions to resolve the challenges we face in Morocco in developing renewable energy resources.
Years of Full-time Work Experience17
Primary Professional Focus
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Managing technical employees
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Project Manager, ONEE
- Direct Reports: 8
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
- Dates: September 2, 1996 –
Manage energy projects; Evaluate bids; Supervise construction and monitoring; Recruit and manage technical employees; Establish contracts; Prepare reports for management; Analyze and list risks through assessment of projects; Build working relationships with partners.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Al Akhawayn University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Business Administration (Executive MBA)
- Location: Ifrane, Morocco
- Completion Date: September 1, 2017
- Institution: National School of Mineral Industry
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Engineer
- Location: Rabat, Morocco
- Completion Date: September 1, 1999