Areas of Expertise
- Electrical Engineering
- The creation and design of Printed Circuits Boards (PCB)
- Electronics, telecommunications
- Technical training
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Gain practical and technical experience from exposure to high tech companies and improve my skills in my area of interest
- Develop my communication, management and leadership skills so that I may be a strong influencer in my community
- Gain exposure to different cultures, establish connections and networks with professionals and TechWomen participants who are in the same industry and have an interest for continued collaboration beyond the program
Ideal Company Type
I am interested in the ongoing development of the electronic boards that are found in most contemporary devices. Being assigned to a company whose main industry is related to Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design would meet my objectives. The art of creating of schematics for the electronic boards and their layouts is what I would like to learn more about and a company that works and develops such things will meet my interest.
Additional Technical Skills
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Undertaking this mentorship will significantly increase my self-confidence as a woman pursuing STEM roles, in many different aspects for my career life. It will greatly aid me to develop and maintain a broader perspective on career options and opportunities. In addition, this mentorship will technically equip me with practical experience, as well as develop my soft skills, leadership/management skills that I require the most for my career and especially for me to reach other girls and women to join STEM fields.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
This mentorship will help me to make an impact at the College of Electronic Technology-Tripoli. I manage technical labs in this institution and facilitare devices in order for students to have access to experiments. This mentorship will equip me with the skills needed to be a female influencer in this community, will allow me to achieve more and open my mind to new aspects in the field of electronics and management. Transferring knowledge, delivering educational material/support to all students, especially the females is my broader target that I aim to.
Years of Full-time Work Experience2
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Electronic Labs Unit Supervisor, College of Electronic Technology
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Tripoli, Libya
- Dates: October 1, 2020 –
My responsibilities at the electronic labs unit are to oversee operations in 7 laboratories; inspect instruments and electronic devices on regular basis; reporting failures and malfunctions occurring in the labs to my line supervisor to be either followed up by the maintenance unit or to be fixed externally
- Title and Company: ICT Mentor, First Philippines International School
- Location: Tripoli, Libya
- Dates: October 1, 2019 – May 30, 2020
Coordinate with the Principal of First Philippines International School (FPIS) in terms of teaching schedule and curriculum syllabus, teach the classes of grades 7 to 12 (around 90 students) the basics of web development of HTML and CSS, prepare and supervise on tests, exams and projects, report on teaching progress to the Principal of FPIS.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: University of Southampton
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Engineering
- Minor: Electical Engineering
- Location: Southampton, United Kingdom
- Completion Date: June 1, 2019