- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Software
- Engineering, Computer
- Information Systems Management
- Software Project Management
- Software Product Management
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn more about the use of IT in risk analysis for projects and businesses.
- Gain leadership skills in managing new projects and implementation of technology projects with a team.
- Learn more about the use of IT in business.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Through working with leaders in the tech sphere, the TechWomen program will enable me to think on a global scale and incorporate emergent technologies into project and product management. As a project/product manager in the tech industry, I believe that I have a significant role to play in building a robust digital economy in Africa. To be successful in this, we will need to focus on key areas such as digital infrastructure, digital literacy, digital financial services, digital platforms, and entrepreneurship and innovation. TechWomen will provide exposure to these subjects and more.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
My long-term dream is to run my own research and design hub. It would be a space in which project ideas could be tested and prototyped for potential use at affordable rates, thus creating a supportive environment in which women would be comfortable expressing themselves creatively. Both through this goal and more generally, I want to generate interest among young professionals in pushing the limits of our existing resources. These goals will be all the more possible thanks to the TechWomen network, through which I can look to other professionals in my field for best practices regarding business and research.
Years of Full-time Work Experience4
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Overseeing the delivery of technology products
- Technical product manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Head Of Projects and Insights, DMM.HeHe
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Dates: May 1, 2017 –
Plan project resources, assembe and lead project team to ensure timely delivery on projects while maintaining high quality standards; monitor and report project progress; establishing and maintaining relationship with key stakeholders for constant user research feedback contributing to products iteration; ensure collection, mining, analysis and visualization of all data to keep teams informed in their respective areas of work; establish standard processes to maintain industry level to our software project management processes; anticipate operational problems by studying targets, modes of operation, limitations; provide operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing software and engineering data and trends
- Title and Company: Junior Software and Hardware Systems Developer, Geekulcha
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Pretoria, South Africa
- Dates: July 7, 2014 – July 30, 2015
Provided enhancement, project and change request estimates; built website to meet client needs; designed products before manufacture; built electronics hardware prototypes that meet the clients requirements; participated in workshops, training, and presentations; promoted process improvement with projects on websites or mobile apps; performed research
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Tshwane University of Technology
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Computer Systems
- Location: Pretoria, South Africa
- Completion Date: December 1, 2016