- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable Energy
- Engineering, Civil
- Agri-processing, technology and innovation
- Rural development and water management resources
- Green energy in construction
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Gain in depth knowledge on the use of technology to improve precision farming through information technology (IT), software and specialized equipment.
- Understand the use of agri-tech especially hydroponic farming to facilitate agricultural sustainability,efficiency and profitability at production, processing and commercialization levels.
- Learn the use and importance of automated and programmed systems like drones and green energy to manage and improve farm management,post-harvesting and storage.
Ideal Company Type
I'm looking forward to an innovative agricultural company that has 50-249 employees or more. A company whose leadership positions are also occupied by women in STEM will be an added value. An ideal company will be one that uses Agri-tech such as programming systems, robots, green energy and automated systems to improve on farming at all levels; building, production, processing and commercialization. I will appreciate and learn from a talented, dedicated, innovative and ambitious company. One with a friendly environment where employees are allowed to be curious, open to sharing knowledge, and can mutually communicate with respect and dignity.
Additional Technical Skills
Microsoft Office 365
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This mentorship program will help me earn the paramount skills necessary for technological advancement in managing post-harvesting and food security using green energy. I crave to gain extensive knowledge on the functioning and use of automated systems to improve farm management solutions. It will also provide me the platform to understand the art of business pitching (elevator pitching, pitch deck) and to gain negotiation skills for business advancement. I’m also looking forward to creating networks and learn from youths with diverse backgrounds in agriculture and rural development. Lastly, I will establish working links between my host company and my country.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I plan to improve and engage in all tasks assigned to me by giving the best of my experiences and exchange views of how I can deliver the results expected. In line with the company's objectives and priorities, I will actively participate in the team to improve on product quality and contribute ideas that add value and positive outcomes to tasks. I plan to also bring humor and friendliness between team members and mentors. I am also looking forward to acting as an ambassador in expanding awareness of the company's products in every way I can and need to.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Upon arrival, I plan to communicate the knowledge acquired from the program to my colleagues/team, profession and project. It will help me expatiate effectively on the possibilities of using green/clean technology, software and IT systems to improve farmer productivity at rural levels. I’ll also be able to create and educate my network of women/girls in agriculture on the importance and effectiveness of automated systems such as drones to manage their farmlands. I hope to improve my management skills to effectively expand my project through training and concept sharing. I'll also use social platforms to advocate for TechWomen's mentorship program.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Design or CAD
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Civil Engineer, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Limbe, Cameroon
- Dates: April 1, 2014 –
Focus on building local structures, water supply systems and providing maintenance to these structures; provide innovative farm practices and farmer capacity building suck as the mechanization of agriculture and research; responsible for building innovative and technical structures to improve development in rural areas; providing monthly reports for supervisor; reinforcing data collection, monitoring and evaluation using mobile apps; introducing and educating farmers about e-commerce; promoting the use of bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides on farmlands
- Title and Company: Volunteer, Konye Health Centre
- Type: Volunteer
- Location: Konye, Cameroon
- Dates: August 1, 2009 – August 1, 2011
Focused on sanitation and medical waste management and health campaigns; was responsible for the cleaning of maternity ward, organizing polio campaigns including door-to-door vaccination for children; offered first aid services to local villagers
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: University of Douala
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Civil Engineering
- Minor: Building and Public Works
- Location: Douala, Cameroon
- Completion Date: August 1, 2016