- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Renewable Energy
- ESG principles and UN sustainable development goals
- Circular economy and life cycle assessment
- Renewable energy (wind, solar, green hydrogen)
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I can contribute to the company in several ways. First, I am a very fast learner. I will come into the role, fit into the team quickly and work at a very fast pace to ensure you see a positive return on your investment. Second, I am very good at planning. My goal is to plan short- and long-term work, considering all aspects such as priorities, required time, location and the need for teamwork. Finally, I can share my extensive experience in environmental management based on the requirements of international financial organizations such as IFC, EBRD and ADB.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Improve my leadership and entrepreneurship skills to become a community leader, innovator and inspiration to those around me
- Learn how to adopt and development sustainable technologies in compliance with global standards
- Learn how ESG initiatives are reshaping the financial services industry and develop a foundational understanding of the terms, concepts and regulatory frameworks that underpin ESG risk assessment
- Attend company-wide meetings and/or team meetings
- Visit an office or attend a site-visit
- Focus on leadership skills building
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company is an international company that actively implements ESG and sustainable business principles and takes care of its carbon footprint. It may also be a big consulting company with significant experience in ESG, circular economy and green technologies (renewable energy, waste recycling). My ideal company culture encourages both team and individual efforts. I appreciate assisting team members in completing large tasks that contribute to the achievement of crucial business objectives. I also value the opportunity to work independently on a variety of assignments, knowing that I'm supported by a strong team.
- Municipal solid waste management in developing countries, Coursera, November 2020
- Professional development course on occupational safety and health, The National Scientific Centre for Employment and Occupational Safety and Health of the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2018
- Environmental Protection and Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, Training Centre of SCEEP, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2017
- Development of Integrated Management System based on ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, CERT Academy, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2018
- Environmental Management, Petronas, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2011
- Hazard and Effect Management Process, Petronas, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2010
- Environment and Occupational Safety & Health, The Coca-Cola Company, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2008
Additional Technical Skills
Calculation of air emissions (GHG) calculation of water consumption and wastewater discharge
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
Uzbekistan set a new goal at the 26th United Nations Conference of the Parties on Climate Change in Glasgow in 2021: reducing greenhouse gas emissions per unit of GDP by 35% by 2030. This is higher than the first goal, which was 10%. Also, Uzbekistan plans to intensify energy sector reforms, increasing renewable energy sources' share of total electricity production to over 25% by 2030. My plans include actively participating as a key sustainability and ESG expert in Uzbekistan's journey towards achieving these objectives. I am confident that TechWomen will play a significant role in my becoming such an expert.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
First, I want to build solid professional networking and friendships around the world. As one of my life goals is to benefit the community in which I was born and raised, I am eager to apply the knowledge and experience I gained during the TechWomen program in Uzbekistan by establishing a consulting company in the green business sector. I am also planning to organize TED-like events in Uzbekistan, inviting TechWomen participants from different countries to spread their valuable knowledge and ideas in their specific fields.
Years of Full-time Work Experience16
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Title and Company: Senior Environmental and H&S Consultant, Juru Energy
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Dates: May 4, 2020 – April 15, 2022
Perform role of project management/team leader on projects as needed; manage national EIA/EIS process for required projects; manage legislative issues for clients and maintain awareness of how legislation impacts projects; prepare and review technical reports and other project deliverables with quality assurance; coordinate, manage and supervise the work of other staff and experts as part of project management; perform capacity building activities for local and international staff
- Title and Company: Environmental Engineer, Lukoil Uzbekistan Operating Company LLC
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Dates: April 1, 2017 – February 9, 2021
Implement safety and environmental compliance; assist with annual departments goals according to key metrics measured throughout organization; oversee company safety and environmental permit programs; coordinate and assist with key safety committees; provide leadership in developing, implementing and managing EH&S policies, programs and practices; plan and implement programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and enhance the company’s safety and environmental compliance