Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Materials and Industrial
- Engineering, Systems
- Automotive electrification
- Autonomous vehicles solutions
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn about autonomous vehicle systems and solutions, and understand the challenges of sourcing strategies and components for mass automotive manufacturers
- Understand the new technologies for battery electrical vehicles, the environment infrastructures and charging solutions
- Exchange ideas with female entrepreneurs and get inspired and motivated to build a business of my own
Ideal Company Type
Ideally, I would like my mentorship to be at an innovative company working on solutions for autonomous vehicles, specifically a tier1 or tier2 supplier of components dedicated to battery electrical vehicles, or a company working on electric charging stations and charging solutions. I would prefer an established company that has clear inclusion and diversity policies and is well known for its healthy working environment.
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The valuable information I will get from a Bay Area company focusing on mobility and sustainable solutions will help me advance my career in the automotive industry. This experience will allow me to focus on the areas in my industry I should put the most effort into as we go through a big industry shift, to reflect on my country’s capability of manufacturing mass production components for new automotive solutions and to create a competitive and sustainable business sector. I also see this mentorship as an opportunity to learn more about entrepreneurship with the remarkable entrepreneurs from the Bay Area’s companies, and get inspired and motivated to work on a personal business.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I will be able to use my knowledge and experience in the automotive industry to participate in AV test evaluations or to assist with sourcing strategy for the systems’ components. I am a big advocate of electric and self-driving vehicles and believe that these solutions will shape the future of mobility and transportation. I have excellent communication skills and have the ability to reach consensus between different parties graciously, and create quality relationships with people.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I would return home with improved skills and more awareness of autonomous driving key technologies, for a better partnership with tech solutions companies and tier1 players. Outside of my work, I am a teacher of 11-12 year old orphans. I will use this volunteer time to teach them how cars work and will introduce simplified AV technologies, which will certainly inspire them! I have plans to create an association of women in automotive industry in Morocco, and participate to help female workers advance in their career and make a bigger impact in the industry.
Years of Full-time Work Experience10
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Overseeing the delivery of technology products
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: MEA Buyer, Ford Motor Company
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Tangier, Morocco
- Dates: September 16, 2015 –
Investigate existing automotive suppliers in North Africa in potential localization efforts; analyze local industry costs; assess local suppliers processes and capabilities; train local suppliers on Ford Motor Company program sourcing processes; support the company teams on the audits and assessments performed at local suppliers' sites; act as the contact liaison between Ford purchasing, engineering, technical assistance and logistics, and the region's suppliers; represent Ford at the Moroccan Automotive Association events and workshops.
- Title and Company: Procurement and Inventory Manager, Polaciers
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
- Dates: April 2, 2012 – June 30, 2014
Established sales forecasts and supply plans for the special steels, based on historical demand, analysis of the trends, cycle and seasonality of previous sales; Established the stock policy and logistics parameters of each product group; Implemented deliveries schedules with the partner suppliers which led to the reduction of the number of transporter's deliveries; Managed the project of updating the database of over 20 000 articles codes, and the installation of new software modules; Achieved the launch of the new purchasing software module with a clean and easy to use product database
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: Ecole Hassania des Travaux Publics
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Global Supply Chain Management
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
- Completion Date: June 1, 2012
- Institution: Ecole Nationale des Sciences Appliquees
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Industrial Engineering
- Location: Agadir, Morocco
- Completion Date: July 1, 2007