Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Software
- Digital Media
- Information Systems Management
- Agile methods to accelerate and optimize developments with quality delivery
- Mobile value added and digital services/solutions
- Online charging systems services and data services monetization
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Discuss and validate the business plan of my entrepreneurial project based on an e-Learning gaming solution for youth, and gain awareness of potential technical and business difficulties/opportunities.
- Explore and identify innovative trends in technologies, tools, methods, strategies and best practices on how eLearning digital content/gaming solutions are created from embryonic idea to successful launch and penetration.
- Increase understanding of how project management and services development are run in reputed companies (e.g. methods, tools, cross-functional workflows and organization) with a particular focus on the cross functional perspective.
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company is one that offers rich, inspiring learning environment that will allow me to achieve my professional and personal goals. This company has a focus related to my entrepreneurial project interests, namely gaming/digital content development, or e-learning/education solutions design for youngsters. My ideal company is one where I can feel and live inspiring core values like creativity, audacity, excellence, power of knowledge sharing and the beauty of team work. I am looking for a company with diverse supportive community spirit, with which I can interact and bring my personal contribution. Simply put, my ideal company is a place where I can blend in, propel and impact in my own way.
- Professional Coach Certificate
- Process Communication Model Certificate
- Human Element Practitioner Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
Additional Technical Skills
CDMA and SIM card development
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- Team spirited
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My ambition is to push my professional goals forward and head toward a personal entrepreneurial challenge. For this purpose, I aim to implement an eLearning game based solution that promotes learning of Moroccan History in a playful way for children. Therefore, I trust that the TechWomen mentorship will help me gain more lucidity about my project, learn new skills, and acquire advice and networking opportunities to relentlessly drive my professional goals to success. Such an enriching experience will not only be an accelerator for my project but also will give me more confidence and inspiration to mentor other Moroccan superwomen and girls.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My motto in life is that every being is by nature uniquely gifted to impact in some way. Therefore, my contribution to my host company shall be my unique human element identity. I am a Moroccan and from a different cultural background, which is certainly an enriching exchange for the host company. I will bring new insights, new visions or simply a new, different energy. I love to see community spirit in action, for which I would be thrilled leaving my mark. With my passion for creativity, curiosity and willingness to learn, I would be flattered to be part of creating new ideas or actions.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I believe that my project of an eLearning game-based solution about Morocco History is a cutting edge, innovative learning alternative. Learning history will be made more attractive to youth in Moroccan communities. Its easy access can compensate for the lack of libraries and the reluctance to read and buy costly books. Schools can adopt it as an educational tool supporting their curriculum. I foresee its impact on Moroccan youngsters in all countries, promoting their education and fostering their identity. It is a forerunner project that will enhance the Moroccan gaming industry, and an experience that I will cherish and voice to other Moroccan women.
Years of Full-time Work Experience15
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: B2C Services Development Manager, inwi
- Direct Reports: 9
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
- Dates: May 6, 2013 –
Lead, mentor, manage, and oversee project managers and technical teams throughout the complete lifecycle of mobile services and offer development from feasibility study, design, costs and planning negotiation, development, tests, to post launch follow up; liaise, communicate, work cross functionally between business and technical units for portfolio feasibility study, development and launch; influence, negotiate and optimize with stakeholders (business, IT, network, and operations teams) for alignment between business goals and technical delivery capabilities; plan and manage strategically; make decisions to guarantee timely quality delivery and enhance efficiency and performance
- Title and Company: SIM Cards & Terminals Services Manager, inwi
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
- Dates: April 1, 2008 – May 5, 2013
Managed, supervised and mentored a team of engineers throughout the process of CDMA/SIM cards and terminals services validation for the purpose of mass production; defined technical and functional specifications for CDMA/SIM cards and terminals services engineering with suppliers; guaranteed, supervised and controlled tests and validation prior to mass production; conducted RFPs for CDMA/SIM cards services evolution, new solutions acquisition and terminals portfolio; negotiated commercial contract agreement terms with suppliers; managed and maintained operational budget of activities
- Title and Company: Technical Support Specialist, Nortel Networks
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
- Dates: January 2, 2005 – March 18, 2008
Ensured 3rd tier technical support for EMEA region on multimedia self-services products and solutions (IVR, speech servers, voice call transfer, voice/video messaging, FAX, etc); provided remote and onsite technical support and training to customers; handled customer issues; investigated, analyzed, debugged, traced and resolved technical problems; liaised and collaborated with internal stakeholders (R&D, developers and customer account managers) to normalize complex problem cases and gain customer satisfaction; ensured technical prime for EMEA customers
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: Queen Mary University of London
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Telecommunication
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Completion Date: June 1, 2004
- Institution: Alakhawayn University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Engineering
- Minor: Computers Data Communication and Networks
- Location: Ifrane, Morocco
- Completion Date: June 1, 2003