- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Engineering, Software
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics Techniques to improve decision making in giant Business Companies.
- Applications of Data Analytics and Machine Learning in Healthcare Systems.
- Applications of Data Analytics and Machine Learning in Aviation. Ex: Safety Analysis, Digital Market Analysis or Aircraft Performance Analysis.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My most valuable contribution to my TechWomen host company will be to apply my skills in Software Development, Data Analytics and Machine Learning to contribute to finding solutions to the projects that the company might already be working on. I will also take the opportunity to share my knowledge with my workmates, and also give them insights about my home country.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn more about Data Analytics and Machine Learning techniques to improve decision making in Business Companies.
- Explore possible use of machine learning and computer vision in healthcare systems.
- Improve my leadership skills, Entrepreneurship techniques and Networking.
- Attend company-wide meetings and/or team meetings
- Have exposure to the company culture
- Participate in a skills-building course, either provided by my mentor’s company or identify a free resource online
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
Ideal Company Type
A company that uses big data analysis and machine learning to improve decision-making for effective business profit and promotes innovative ideas and encourages personal growth. Additionally, I would prefer it to be a diverse environment, highly collaborative, and facilitate a hands-on experience.
- Aircraft Dispatcher Certification
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- Hard Working
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The TechWomen mentorship program will help me to gain more knowledge about technologies used in my host company, expose me to different perspectives and network with other professionals in the program. This will help me to become more competent professionally, gain new business ideas and acquire enough knowledge that I can use to help other women in tech to rise and go further.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
After participating in the TechWomen program, I will use the knowledge that I will have gained about data analytics and machine learning to help business companies to make data-driven decisions so as to make their business effective and maximize production. To encourage women in the technology field, I will organize career guidance sessions in high schools, to inspire young girls to pursue STEM careers. I will also organize sessions to help young university graduates to develop businesses in the Technology field. On top of that, I will start my own tech company where I will give employment opportunities to women.
Years of Full-time Work Experience6
Primary Professional Focus
- IT systems and/or data analysis
- Scientist and researcher
- Solutions architect
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Flight Dispatcher, Rwandair
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Dates: February 3, 2016 –
Ensure 100% safety of all flight operations with shared equal and joint responsibility with the pilot in command. Evaluate weather and airport conditions, prepare flight plans, and compute the weight and balance of the aircraft. In consultation with the senior management, delay, divert, or cancel flights if unsafe conditions pose a threat to the safety of the aircraft, passengers, or flight. Monitor weather conditions, aircraft position reports, aeronautical navigation charts, and aircraft radio calls to evaluate the progress and safety of the flight.
- Title and Company: Graduate Teaching Assistant, Carnegie Mellon University, Africa
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Dates: January 13, 2020 – May 20, 2020
Prepare recitations and assignments, along with solutions for assignments. Grade homework assignments and assign grades. Hold office hours to answer the students' questions and help them with exercises.
- Institution: Carnegie Mellon University
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Data Science
- Minor: Software Engineering
- Location: Rwanda
- Completion Date: December 1, 2019
- Institution: Bharathiar University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Telecommunication Systems
- Minor: Electronics
- Location: India
- Completion Date: May 1, 2013