- Green Tech/Clean Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Renewable Energy
- Water and wastewater treatment- desalination technologies, air pollution monitoring and control
- Greenhouse gas reduction, monitoring and reporting- design of eco-industrial parks and waste management measures
- Solar systems, waste heat recovery and wind technology
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn best practices in applied clean production measures
- Energy and water management and contribution measures to climate change mitigation in the US
- Managerial and leadership skills
Ideal Company Type
My preference would be to have an opportunity in an industry such as cement, who is focused on renewable energy systems manufacturing through solar and water treatment units manufacturing, such as desalination. The company should have a strong environmental management system in place and has implemented best practices which I can learn from.
Size: no conditions on size.
Focus: Adapting green technologies in manufacturing.
Culture: Company with high diversity is preferable.
- Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt- LSSBB- IASSC Accredited
- Resource Efficiency, Cleaner Production and Waste Management from Technische Universität, Germany.
- Green Industry and Sustainable Industrial Development from Central European University, Hungary.
- Energy Management System Implementation ISO 50001 from UNIDO, Egypt.
- Managing Environmental and Social Impact Assessment in the Mediterranean from UNEP, Lebanon.
- Transfer of Environmentally Sound Technology in the South Mediterranean Region" Project, MED-TEST from UNIDO, Egypt.
- Waste to Energy Options, Strategic thinking in Solid Waste Management in Egypt from UNEP, Egypt
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This opportunity will enhance my technical knowledge by being introduced to new technologies and green measures applied in the US. I hope to gain leadership skills to be strengthen my ability to manage a team.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I am committed to sharing my 10 years of professional experience in my field from the perspective of a developing country going through severe challenges. I have worked through complex problems and am a good problem solver. I look forward to putting effort into any projects I am placed in and adding as much value as I can to my potential host company.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
After participating in TechWomen program, I plan to share the knowledge and skills I gained to young women and future leaders through training sessions aimed at tackling sustainability in Egypt. I plan to support our local industries by implementing energy efficiency and water conservation measures by identifying the correct sustainable technology to fit their business needs. I will leverage these opportunities through my own future environmental consultation firm that I'm planning to establish upon returning home.
Years of Full-time Work Experience10
Primary Professional Focus
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Technical project and program manager
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Environment and Compliance Service Manager, Amreyah Cement Company-Intercement Egypt
- Direct Reports: 2
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Alexandria, Egypt
- Dates: June 19, 2011 –
Monitor environmental sustainability indicators; Develop and adapt renewable energy techniques for cement production with a focus on solar systems and alternative fuel processing systems as a mitigation measure for CO2 emissions; Conduct environmental and social environment impact reports for new projects and expansions at the plant; Responsible for Environmental awareness campaigns for the surrounding community since April 2013
- Title and Company: Project Engineer, Environmental and Water Engineering Consultants
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Alexandrai, Egypt
- Dates: April 3, 2008 – May 31, 2011
Provided cleaner production options to various industrial sectors; Assessed their impacts environmentally and economically either as individual consultation or in international projects; Established self-monitoring programs and environmental management systems; Performed industrial pollution audits and wastewater minimization studies; Supported industrial sectors to achieve compliance with environmental legislation
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: The American University in Cairo
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Sustainable Development
- Minor: Green Technologies
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Completion Date: June 1, 2018
- Institution: Alexandria University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Chemical Engineering
- Minor: Environmental Engineering
- Location: Alexandria, Egypt
- Completion Date: June 1, 2007