Areas of Expertise
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Food Science and Food Technology
- Artificial insemination methodologies
- Developing an app that will teach mothers about their children's developmental milestones
- Developing baby food that will be accessible and affordable to low-income families
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn more about assessing the nutritional value of different classes of baby food.
- Learn how to make my company sustainable.
- Learn how to be a better mentor and leader.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The TechWomen program will allow me to meet successful women from across the globe from whom I can learn and with whom I will hone my communication and networking skills. During the TechWomen program, I will have an opportunity to understand why some companies are sustainable, and others are not. The lessons I learn will help me to improve my own business.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
During the TechWomen program, I will learn how to be a better leader. That means that, when I return home, I will be more skilled and effective in my continuing mentorship of women and girls. I will continue to mentor girls to choose science in high school and pursue science-related careers at university. I will also mentor other women to apply for the TechWomen program, and encourage them to pursue agricultural entrepreneurship as a pathway to prosperity. Regarding my own business, I am confident that my baby food will help to reduce malnutrition.
Years of Full-time Work Experience3
Primary Professional Focus
- Bio or medical technology
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Medical Doctor, Ministry of Health and Sanitation
- Direct Reports: 10+
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Dates: October 2, 2017 –
Provide medical care to patients via diagnosis and treatment; supervise junior doctors and nurses; teach medical students
Highest Level of Education CompletedPh.D
- Institution: Rómulo Gallegos National Experimental University
- Degree Awarded: Ph.D
- Major: Medicine
- Location: Guarico, Venezuela
- Completion Date: December 1, 2016