- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Application of mobile health and ICT to public health interventions
- Use of applications like R, STATA and SPSS in health exploration data analysis and visualization
- Electronic data collection for health population surveys and the use of media for health promotion
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Exploratory data analysis using R/STATA and electronic data collection
- Application of mobile health and ICT innovations in health interventions
- Leadership and negotiation skills, volunteering, and fundraising
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company will expose me to the latest ICT trends that can be adapted and applied to public health. Ideally, this would be a place that is amenable to using ICT as a tool in addressing issues in global health. My ideal company promotes diversity and inclusiveness and one where there is a culture of corporate and social responsibility.
- Data use for Health and Education Programs, Policy Development and Planning
- Human Subjects Research Training
- Management of Impact Evaluation Programs, a World Bank online workshop
Additional Technical Skills
Social program evaluation; Proposal development and writing; Reproductive health program development
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I hope that the mentorship program will complement my formal education and enable to glean on new perspectives that will help me contribute towards improved health and development in my country. It will equip me with best practices in research to inform public health programs and policies in Nigeria. The TechWomen mentorship will develop my existing skills and while learning new ones and I feel that by engaging with women who have advanced in their education and careers, it will inspire me to continue to improve my own future.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My most valuable contribution would be an opportunity for collaboration across staff and departments through my hard-work, team spirit and love for learning. I will bring my professional and cultural perspectives in their development and prospects for furthering their corporate and social responsibility agendas. I will give insight to working with the most populous African country, a place with great potential and market for ICT infrastructure, as well as visibility for my host company.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I will foster dialogue on various platforms about improving education and health of girls and women through ICT. I will also disseminate my learning on the precedents of ICT use in health interventions. I plan to return home and work with my Nigeria TechWomen peers to implement our social project from pitch day, while collaborating with the alumni on other social projects.
Years of Full-time Work Experience5
Primary Professional Focus
- Educational technology
- Individual contributor leading innovation
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Independent Research,
- Direct Reports:
- Type: Volunteer
- Dates: –
Pursuing independent research interests; Completed UNICEF research on the drivers of violence against children in Nigeria and plan to study the impact violence in schools on girls' education; Exploring data-sets from past research and writing research proposals; Volunteer with a focus on girls' literacy and health promotion
- Title and Company: Research Consultant, Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Dates: September 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018
Shared research outcomes with stakeholders and government partners; Planned and designed workshops at state and national level with the Ministry of Health; Participated in the operation of a research advisory committee for the Federal Ministry of Health; Prepared and reviewed all disseminated materials, reports and presentations; Facilitated technical input on reports and documents; Developed and implemented budgets; Conducted debrief workshops and wrote reports
- Title and Company: Research Manager, Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Dates: May 14, 2012 – December 31, 2016
Managed projects and liaised with team; Led training and data collection and trained staff on data collection techniques of quantitative and qualitative data, ethical procedures in research, and anthropometric data collection; Trained enumerators on the use of Open Data Kit/Survey CTO; Developed protocols and data collection tools; Piloted and pretested questionnaires; Supported electronic surveys and scripted Android and SMS data based collection; Identified potential obstacles and refined data collection systems
Highest Level of Education CompletedMaster's
- Institution: University of Ibadan Nigeria
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Public Health
- Minor: Demography
- Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
- Completion Date: April 1, 2011
- Institution: University of Jos Nigeria
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Geography
- Location: Jos, Nigeria
- Completion Date: June 1, 2002