- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Mechanical
- Renewable Energy
- Poultry equipment
- Biomass, solar
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn how to incorporate renewable energy technologies into poultry related innovations
- Learn how to build my personal brand in the STEM field
- Expand my network, collaborate and build partnerships with like minded people
Ideal Company Type
I would love to be placed in a company where I will be exposed in all aspects. These include product or service development as well as working with beneficiaries of the product or service. I would like a place where I can work with a team of at least 5 people on a certain project, this is because I love working in a team. A company where people can wear smart casual is also ideal for me. I would also love to brainstorm ideas and test them.
- Human Resource Management (Institute of People Management Zimbabwe, 2017)
- Two certificates for utility models (mini patents) from ARIPO (African Regional Intellectual Property Organization)
Additional Technical Skills
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The mentorship is going to help me build my brand in the STEM field, focusing on engineering. It's going to help me build skills and become more self aware. This will enable me to lead my team properly, build and grow the business that I am currently working on. It will also help me avoid a lot of pitfalls. I believe that the knowledge I will get from my mentor will benefit myself as well as people in my community.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I would like to share my experience with other young women in my country. My main target would girls aged 10. This is because I thought about the solution that I am currently working on at the age of 10 but didn't have guidance on how to pursue it, hence it took a long time for me to start working on it. I would really love to partner with other TechWomen and organisations so that we start mentoring these young girls.
Years of Full-time Work Experience6
Primary Professional Focus
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Individual contributor leading innovation
- Technical product design
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Founder and Lead Innovator, Passion Poultry
- Direct Reports: 7
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Dates: September 1, 2016 –
Lead innovator, ideate,prototype,test and design innovative poultry products and services for farmers; managing the business, defining a vision for the business, a strategy for the business and communicating the vision and strategy of the business; building a team for the business and making sure the business has skills needed to fulfil its vision and strategy; making sure the company executes on its vision, including sourcing funding, developing systems and procedures, and monitoring the performance of the company.
- Title and Company: Enumerator, SAFIRE
- Type: Part-time
- Location: Chiredzi, Zimbabwe
- Dates: March 14, 2016 – March 20, 2016
Conducting interviews with local people on their farming activities.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: University of Zimbabwe
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Psychology
- Location: Zimbabwe
- Completion Date: October 1, 2010