- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering and Science, Environmental
- Engineering, Energy Resources
- Renewable Energy
- Solar PV design and application
- Energy financing
- Geopolitics of Energy
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
Bring the skills and experience gained from the implementation of solar projects in Sub Saharan Africa and also share scenarios and case studies which can help the company expand its operations to other parts of the world like Sub Saharan Africa.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Be able to develop my own product under Raynow energy
- To develop more project management skills and be able to design and implement a project
- To be exposed to more technologies around solar photovoltaics and applications and emerging technologies in the renewable energy sector
- Have exposure to the company culture
- Focus on technical skills building
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
- Have exposure to basic industry techniques
- Have exposure to specialized industry techniques
Ideal Company Type
An Engineering, Procurement and Construction company or a company involved in minigrids development. It should be already established and has implemented at least 5 projects. A research and development company that is involved in research and development of renewable energy technologies. A company involved in product design.
- COBENEFITS Specialist in renewable energy online training
- IRENA Student Leaders Programme 2021
Additional Technical Skills
Solar sizing and business modelling.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
The skills gained from this mentorship programme will help me to take up more responsibilities in the energy space and mostly project management related. I have a passion to build comprehensive technical and regulatory frameworks for the energy sector and this is something I believe I will be able to achieve through this mentorship programme.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
The skills gained from this program will help me to contribute towards a just and inclusive transition through developing and implementing more projects focused on energy access to most rural areas. It will help me to inspire more young entrepreneurs in Kenya.
Years of Full-time Work Experience5
Primary Professional Focus
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Technical sales
- Technical training
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Energy Business Mentor, Energy 4 impact
- Direct Reports: 1
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Dates: September 24, 2018 –
Recruitment of entrepreneurs, stakeholder engagement, market needs assessment and analysis. Business case development, technical and business advisory, investment advisory, project design, market research and development, solar photovoltaic design, business plan development, capital raising and financial planning, data collection and analysis, community engagement and capacity building.
- Title and Company: Renewable energy assistant, Kings Biofuels
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Thika, Kenya
- Dates: June 2, 2018 – July 3, 2018
Supervision of casual workers, product design and improvement, administrative work, reporting, company representation in regional seminars, and investment advisory.
- Institution: Kibabii University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Renewable Energy
- Minor: Engineering
- Location: Kenya
- Completion Date: November 1, 2018