Areas of Expertise
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Information Systems Management
- Medical biotechnology, especially vaccine development
- Vaccine mechanisms and interactions with human system
- Human resource and process control
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Learn decision-making at a higher level (global level)
- Grow my international network
- Pitching skills
- Attend company meetings
- Have exposure to the company culture
- Identify workshops or certificate programs to further my learning after the program has ended
- Focus on leadership skills building
Ideal Company Type
A company at the forefront of vaccine development with innovative marketing strategies. A large team where I can further learn adaptability, inclusiveness, and respect for the different cultures and ideas. A company that exposes me to think out of the box. A company that is driven by excellence and can empower me with strong administrative, timely decision-making skills.
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I am convinced my mentorship will empower me with critical and decision-making skills at the global level. I desire to be bold and fearless among my male peers when called to make important decisions. I further hope to learn confidence, effective communication, public speaking so I can pitch myself, any project or business that I may have to handle. I am interested in administrative and managerial positions which I strongly believe this mentorship will empower me with the requirements for personnel management.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
After my TechWomen experience, in the next 6 months after my return, I hope to partner with past TechWomen such as Sabina Nforba and Patu Ndango to run some of their activities. I aspire to participate in their boot camps, training sessions, and webinars where I can share my own knowledge while also learning how they have used their TechWomen experience to leverage these activities. In the next year, I hope to carry out similar activities targeting disadvantaged populations such as refugees and disabled women.
Years of Full-time Work Experience11
Primary Professional Focus
- Bio or medical technology
- QA and testing
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Lab Technologist, International Organization for Migration
- Direct Reports: 2
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
- Dates: May 5, 2021 –
- Institution: University of London
- Degree Awarded: Master's
- Major: Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Minor: Public Health
- Location: United Kingdom
- Completion Date: September 1, 2020
- Institution: University of Buea
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Microbiology
- Minor: Medical Laboratory Technology
- Location: Cameroon
- Completion Date: October 1, 2009