- Green Tech/Clean Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable Energy
- Engineering, Energy Resources
- Urban ecology, human ecology, biodiversity, ecosystems, ecosystem services, water filtration and community health
- Wind power, hydropower, solar energy and bio energy
- Energy recovery from petroleum reservoirs, energy storage and production optimization
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Photovoltaic (PV) systems development, including feed-in tarrifs and reverse auctions
- Cap and trade legislation, carbon trading and emission trading schemes (ETS)
- Effective project management
Ideal Company Type
I would like to work with an organization that collaborates with policymakers and stakeholders to advance climate change policies at the state, national and international levels. The ideal company is an organization aimed at promoting clean technologies, expanding clean technology markets and reducing greenhouse gas emissions – a company that offers policy solutions to improve energy efficiency and develops decarbonization pathways that revise climate/energy action plans, ETS and National Inventory Reports and identifies gaps and challenges.
- Not Applicable
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
I will have a great opportunity to learn state-of-the-art methods and approaches, explore best practices and emerging trends and gain valuable experience vital to my prospective career in the best research institution of our country – Nazarbayev University. I am sure that guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders will strengthen my leadership capacities and let me grow into a global innovator in the future. Being exposed to a range of different experiences, this program will help create a lifelong network of support, which is quite important for an effective knowledge and technology transfer.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I will add new perspective to the climate change/sustainable development debate, since Kazakhstan is only about to start its transition to a green economy model. Alongside with that, I can share our experience, techniques we use and methods we prefer and why; impediments to sustainable economic growth in Kazakhstan and other Central Asian states; and barriers to renewable energy technologies. Besides, I can share my personal experience with establishing a fund, teaching underprivileged kids, handling existing gender roles and fighting gender stereotypes.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I want to expand Kazakhstan's education boundaries and promote sustainable development among our kids. Having registered my club, Children's Development Foundation, as an official public fund of Kazakhstan that aims to advance childhood education, I want to incorporate sustainability studies into their syllabus, stressing the importance of women's empowerment and gender equality as key to sustainable development. I am going to share my experience through TechWomen to motivate them to pursue their dreams and inspire them, especially young girls, to enter careers in science.
Years of Full-time Work Experience2
Primary Professional Focus
- Civil, water or environmental specialist
- Energy, renewable technology or green technology
- Scientist and researcher
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Research Assistant, Process Technology Optimization LLP
- Direct Reports: 3
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
- Dates: January 16, 2017 –
Collect and evaluate data on low carbon development; chart practical pathways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (by sectors and by regions); revise ETS and National Inventory Reports (NIRs); develop project plans, prepare project reports, and manage project stakeholders; supervise interns; carry out conferences and roundtables
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: Nazarbayev University
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: International Relations and Political Sciences
- Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
- Completion Date: July 1, 2015