- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Engineering, Software
- Database Administration
- Information Systems Management
- Android and web application development with great UX/UI
- MySQL Database (data analytics and machine learning)
- Management of technical projects
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Data analytics and artificial intelligence: how data is analyzed and used to come up with predictive information that aids decision making.
- Best practices in agile software development.
- Effective team, project and people management.
Ideal Company Type
My ideal company will be one that is involved in software application development (mobile, web or both) and collects a lot of data that is analyzed and used to make informed decisions. I don't mind the size of the company as long as they are innovative, inclusive and encourage diversity.
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This mentorship will help me develop my technical skills and learn about data; improve my communication skills as well as my interpersonal relationship skills, which will help me be a better team manager; expand my world view to develop a different perspective on issues, helping me think bigger and analyze things from a wider lens; build my network by connecting me with new people in the IT field; and provide me with guidance on my career path.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I intend to use my software programming skills to help my host company develop solutions. I can work under pressure and I manage my time well to excel in my job. I am dedicated, innovative and try to redefine standards of excellence in all I do. I am open to feedback, am a fast-learner and am not afraid to share ideas. In other words, I am an excellent team-player and I will put in my best effort.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Firstly, knowledge acquired during this program will help me do better at my current company by increasing the quality of my output. Second, in the future I plan to start a company focused on data analytics and artificial intelligence, as there aren't many in my country, and this program is a great foundation to help me align my vision. Finally, I believe I am mentored to mentor others, so I intend to continue being a strong advocate for girls to get into STEM. I plan to start a program where kids in primary schools can be introduced to programming.
Years of Full-time Work Experience2
Primary Professional Focus
- Managing technical employees
- Technical project and program manager
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Software Engineer, Soft-Tech International
- Direct Reports: 5
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Douala, Cameroon
- Dates: February 18, 2016 –
Design (database design, UML) and implementation of web and mobile applications; supervise engineering team, draw work plan and assign tasks, ensure tasks are properly completed and on time; produce daily reports on work completed; act as a link between developers and management.
- Title and Company: Business Intelligence Intern, Douala City Council
- Type: Internship
- Location: Douala, Cameroon
- Dates: July 6, 2015 – October 30, 2015
Introduced to business intelligence using SQL server.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: University of Buea
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Computer Engineering (Software Engineering
- Location: Buea, Cameroon
- Completion Date: July 1, 2015