- Green Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Geology and Geological Sciences
- Food system management
- Agricultural value chain and distribution system
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
I'd be available to carry out tasks even as I learn and receive mentorship, these tasks would contribute to the host company's goals and objectives. I'd give my own quota of experience and knowledge in areas where they can be applied to achieve desirable goals for the companies.
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- I'd love to get exposure in my sector and how things are done in the agribusiness sector using tech.
- Build more organizational skill as well as get more insights into structuring a sustainable tech startup.
- Gain networks relevant to my field
- Attend company meetings
- Have exposure to the company culture
- Present my current work to professionals in my industry
- Expand on a project that I’m working on in my current role at home
- Identify a short-term project I can work on at the partnering company
Ideal Company Type
An AgriTech or agribusiness with multi-subsidiaries, especially one in more than one country. A tech business that also operates in developing or underdeveloped countries, most preferred with a Female CEO or C-level management member, and with a gender-balanced staff or employee count, with about 50 or more employees. Ideally, the said company should operate ideally a B2B model, and also a B2C model, and have a model that provides jobs indirectly for other people, and manages a fast and connected supply chain. The company should heavily focus on social impact while being a for-profit company with great profitability.
- Fate Foundation Scaleup Agribusiness Accelerator Program
- Enterprise Development Center Agrohack Bootcamp
What are three adjectives that best describe you in the work place?
- Goal Oriented
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
This mentorship would give me insight into the cultural balance and technological exposure of a more structured system and how to break my goals into minute acceptable forms to fit into the cultural background of my communities. It would also help me gain more structuring strength, and increase data for social good and sales management channels.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
Currently, I already have access to an expanding network of women and girls. I'd like to create silo programs that would be broken down into syllabi that would make this knowledge and experience more accessible. This syllabus would bring about various motivation and action points at the end of each training and program.
Years of Full-time Work Experience5
Primary Professional Focus
- Individual contributor leading innovation
- Managing technical employees
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Head of Operations/ Founder, Bridge Merchant Enterprise
- Direct Reports: 8
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Dates: November 7, 2019 –
Ensure a smooth end to end sales of various produce, manage local farmers and onboard more agents, source for products as requested by various companies most especially grains, and work with the logistics arm to be able to ensure the smooth and safe delivery of goods and services. Work with the programmers to ensure farmers feedbacks are enlisted on the app and increase the number of procurement and FMCG companies who we work with.
- Title and Company: Junior Supervisor, Wilmar Plantation
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Calabar, Nigeria
- Dates: December 13, 2017 – October 31, 2018
Managed over 150 part-time workers and 50 full-time workers; ensured that duties were carefully assigned daily and were adequately carried out; carried out conflict management among workers; kept updated inventory of various farm supplies within the nursery section; in charge of heavy duty trucks such as excavators and bulldozers; attended management meetings and implemented various monthly and quarterly goals.
- Title and Company: Field Geologist, Teks Geotechnical Consultant
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Dates: March 27, 2017 – October 31, 2017
In charge of sample collection in the field, carried out various geologic soil test in the field and in the lab; calculation and compiling of report before deadlines; in charge of interns and trainings for new staffs.
- Institution: University of Port Harcourt
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Geology
- Location: Nigeria
- Completion Date: March 1, 2017