- Information Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Digital Media
- Educational Technology and E-Learning
- Film/Video production to promote learning, online content, social change and business
- Digital literacy and digital security training, photography and videography training, creative technology training
The Top Three Things I Would Like to Learn or Experience During my Mentorship
- Training exercises to teach girls and women to use the internet to unify their voices
- Develop a creative technology training plan to transfer digital media production skills to girls to empower them in the creative technology industry
- Customize available technology to train girls and inspire them to pursue careers in STEM
Ideal Company Type
The ideal company for my mentorship placement would be a technology company that is a leader in digital media content generation and distribution for social causes. It is a company that is forward-thinking in the use of the internet, video technology and other multimedia resources as tools for social change, including promoting women and girls in STEM. I would love to be mentored in a sizable company with a creative work culture that promotes innovation.
- Not Applicable
What impact will your mentorship have on your career and professional path?
My mentorship will significantly impact my career and professional path by helping me to better structure my digital empowerment program to inspire girls and women in STEM. It will put me in a position to better empower girls and women to utilize technology to amplify their voices to promote gender equality in Nigeria. After 10+ years experience working with women and girls, I have turned to digital literacy and empowerment to inspire girls and women to advance the space for females to transform Nigeria using technology.
What will be your most valuable contribution to your TechWomen host company?
My most valuable contribution to my TechWomen host company is in the wealth of innovative ideas that have been inspired from my experience facilitating digital literacy training for girls and women in Nigeria. The mentorship and advice that I receive would help to frame my ideas into innovations that I can implement in my country with the support of my TechWomen host company, which would be able to incorporate my results in their impact assessment. As a good learner and creative mind, I would also be able to contribute my time and dedication to my host company.
After participating in the TechWomen program, how will you leverage your mentorship experience to make an impact in your home country?
I desire to integrate my learning from the TechWomen program to my work with girls and women in Nigeria. Although information technology is still developing in Nigeria, I see an opportunity to empower girls and women to thrive and expand the spaces for females in the industry. I seek to expand my current digital literacy program to create advanced programs to teach media production, coding and application development skills to expand their creativity to innovate and create startups in the technology field. When I empower girls and women in technology, they will solve Nigeria's problems.
Years of Full-time Work Experience12
Primary Professional Focus
- Educational technology
- Managing technical employees
- Technical evangelist
Current/Most Recent Job
- Title and Company: Founder & Creative Director, Girls Voices Initiative
- Direct Reports: 10+
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Dates: October 11, 2013 –
Coordinate the organizational development and increase the organization's effectiveness and/or efficiency to achieve its strategic goals; design engaging programs using the girl-centered learning approach which puts the girls at the center of programming; work with the Trustees and Management to coordinate the organization's projects from conception through to evaluation and reporting; participate actively in organizational activities; research studies, conferences and workshops, advocacy outreaches and campaigns, audio-visual productions, summits, tours etc; Mobilize funds to support organizational projects and programs; Nnetwork and liaise with industry professionals and other partners to guarantee successful collaboration on projects and programs.
Highest Level of Education CompletedBachelor's
- Institution: The Nigerian Law School
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Law
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Completion Date: October 1, 2005
- Institution: Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor's
- Major: Law
- Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
- Completion Date: September 1, 2004